Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I blew a piston, replaced it and all the rings. Put everything back together, went for a test drive and found that I do not have back brakes now. The power booster was shot so I replaced it, all the hardware on the back brakes including the cylinders we’re also replaced.
when I step on the pedal it goes 3/4 of the way down before I get any pressure. I even replaced the master cylinder and nothing changed.
anyone know what the f?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think you have the classic air in the system somewhere. I have had it happen to me many times. Start over and take the lines off the master cylinder and bench bleed it. You don't have to take it off to do this, but you get what I mean. Then bleed from there. One thing that can help on disc brakes, take the caliper off, pump it up and then use a disc brake tool to collapse the piston with the caliper upside down. Gets all the air out and doesn't waste any fluid. Do both sides. That will get rid of any air in the front. If you have any air in drum brakes, you will have to do it the old fashioned way

1 - 2 of 2 Posts