Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing out the valve cover gasket on my 1996 Cherokee, and was moving the cables and bracket out of the way. Throttle cable uses a ball and socket, cruise control uses a slip on clip, and the kickdown cable uses the same kind of clip.

Not sure what I did, but the kickdown clip broke off at the place where it attaches with the other cables to the throttle lever.

I just got new tires... Is there a quick and dependable way to fix this?

Thank you,
-William

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
Best to show us a pic

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I don't have a way of getting a good pic in right this moment, but this thread will show what I'm taking about:

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
You won't find a quick fix for that. You will need another cable. Wrecking yard is your friend there

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was changing out the valve cover gasket on my 1996 Cherokee, and was moving the cables and bracket out of the way. Throttle cable uses a ball and socket, cruise control uses a slip on clip, and the kickdown cable uses the same kind of clip.

Not sure what I did, but the kickdown clip broke off at the place where it attaches with the other cables to the throttle lever.

I just got new tires... Is there a quick and dependable way to fix this?

Thank you,
-William
If it is the same clip that is used on the cruise control end, they sell a repair kit for it on Amazon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts