Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have 15x7 rims on this rig. I think I do. If I want new rims with these tires can I go 15x8 or will they rub. Do I have to stick with 15x7s for the tires I have on it right now. I do not want to buy bigger tires. These tires on my stock rims fit just right.

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
It is not the rim width so much as the back spacing. Most aftermarket rims have less back spacing and therefore move the whole tire outward.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not the rim width so much as the back spacing. Most aftermarket rims have less back spacing and therefore move the whole tire outward.
So what is the back spacing on stock rims measure. Where do I find this measure on aftermarket rims?

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
I believe the stock backspacing is 5.25. Aftermarket rims can be most anything from 2" to 5" You will probably have to measure them to find out unless buying new. If new they can provide that measurement for you

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The guy that waited on me at Discount Tire stated stock rim were 15x7 with a 32 off set and according to my calculator that is a back spacing of 5.26. I ended up ordering 15x8 with a 20 offset which calculate to a 5.29 back spacing. He said they should work but we will see when the come in. Will my tires lay flatter and protrude more on an 8 inch rim compared to a 7 inch rim?

Anyone here put on 15x8 on a stock Suspension without a lift kit.

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
They will stick out more with those

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Got these American Racing AR172s today and they fit fine without issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
.I like them.....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts