Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started purchasing my Camping Gear to get ready to go Outdoors. Purchased a Alps Mountaineering Meramac 5 person Tent and Footprint. Looking forward to accumulating more things. REI is having a 40% of Labor Day Sale, but that barely puts thing at Amazon prices. You can also get on top of the sale price 20% off coupon code for REI Outlet Items.

Can not wait to go Camping, probably this Fall.

What is your Favorite Camping Gear Purchase?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I have an LED lantern that is extremely handy, but my tabletop grill is badass for those sites where no fires are allowed. In my case thats tractor shows, Jeep events, etc.

Im excited to try out my campfire tarp (yes, a tarp that goes over a fire at night) and see how it does.

My awning is great as well, but the light tarp I bought to use as a windbreak and the led strips I have to stick under it are what will make it better.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an LED lantern that is extremely handy, but my tabletop grill is badass for those sites where no fires are allowed. In my case thats tractor shows, Jeep events, etc.

Im excited to try out my campfire tarp (yes, a tarp that goes over a fire at night) and see how it does.

My awning is great as well, but the light tarp I bought to use as a windbreak and the led strips I have to stick under it are what will make it better.
What LED Lantern did you buy? Do you have a link?

·
Registered
6,756 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Got me a M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless 400-Lumen LED Lantern with Free M12 2.0Ah Battery for Camping. I liked it because it already goes with the batteries and charger I already have.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Being the distances between any point A and B around here, the chance of breaking down 50 miles from nowhere is always a possibility. My preparations for the situation are to keep a shovel and machete on board at all times.

·
Super Moderator
10,076 Posts
Being the distances between any point A and B around here, the chance of breaking down 50 miles from nowhere is always a possibility. My preparations for the situation are to keep a shovel and machete on board at all times.
Its not a machete, but pretty darn handy. Zippo Woodsman 4 n 1. Hatchet, bow saw, tent spike hammer and puller. The paracord was added by a buddy.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
My list of toys from the trip across the country:

Old school Weber propane grill
LL Bean LED tea lamps
Yeti cooler
Oztent RV2. BEST TENT EVER, period
Estwing rock hammer
Dead-On Annihilator hammer
Amazon solar charger
Jerry can with fuel
Jerry can with water

And the most important part: a ZJ

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya

·
Super Moderator
10,076 Posts
Someone is teetering very close to the edge.... :whistling:

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Camping gear....nothing new, but Ive got a small LP tank and tabletop grill I take on trailer trips, my jeep grill shaped fire ring is neat but not necessary (unless you cook on it).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts