Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I am on about 6 different forums, corral.net because I'm a Mustang guy, The Turbo Forums because it's a large community of car guys from every walk of life, thirdgen because I was a cameo firebird guy. That's the only ones I can remember. This and The Turbo Forums are the only 2 I am still active on. I am in the military so I am constantly meeting new people and current friends moving away. I use Facebook and Instagram to stay in contact with people I care about. I don't have many car guy friends where I live now so I use the forum as an escape to bench race and talk shop. Bring on the apocalypse though, the world will need guys like us. I can fix about anything with bubble gum, duct tape, and some bailing wire/twine!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I would struggle more without CT than a Cellphone. I have started the process of leaving facebook. It is a great tool for keeping in touch, but also for wasting mindless hours and even days of total UN-productivity.
:beerchug:

I gave up on Facebook once i found CTgiggity

I still struggle with a CRAIGSLIST addiction, and now frequent the FSJ forum for help with the Wagoneer. FB is very infrequent. Over Christmas break took a vacation to the Virgin Islands and took a much needed respite from any forum, CL, jeep, and technology activity. It was wonderful.

What always amazes me is how much time people can spend watching TV. I don't consume visual media. Occasional movies but I don't watch TV. Have one, have Netflix and Hulu and Amazon, but no cable service.

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I gave up on Facebook once i found CTgiggity

I still struggle with a CRAIGSLIST addiction, and now frequent the FSJ forum for help with the Wagoneer. FB is very infrequent. Over Christmas break took a vacation to the Virgin Islands and took a much needed respite from any forum, CL, jeep, and technology activity. It was wonderful.

What always amazes me is how much time people can spend watching TV. I don't consume visual media. Occasional movies but I don't watch TV. Have one, have Netflix and Hulu and Amazon, but no cable service.
Same here. I haven't had cable television for years. It rots your brain. I only buy particular season passes of shows that I cannot resist like The Walking Dead...Breaking Bad....or survival related shows that teach survival. That's why I love Amazon cuz you can buy every show you want to watch and still be paying less than what you pay yearly for cable.

·
Premium Member
9,882 Posts
I don't do cable either. Most is an insult to my intelligence. Sorry if I offend. But I really can't stand it and the number of commercials is getting out of hand

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I don't have cable either. I have a hatred for the reality shows that are on almost every channel. Just a waste of money I think.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I don't have cable either. I have a hatred for the reality shows that are on almost every channel. Just a waste of money I think.
Reality TV is just "make-work" projects for the cable companies. Take one look at TLC and you'll know what I mean. My wife got rid of our cable about 6-7 years ago and I haven't missed it a bit....well, except maybe some sports.

We were watching AFV one night and there was 3 Pantene commercials in 1 commercial break, trying to market to the housewife watching the show with their kids. Cable was gone the next day :rofl:

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
No cable here either...just direct TV sat. I don't watch too much ,with 3 kids and a wife and only 4 tvs I lose. That's why I just sit in my garage and smoke cigarettes most nights cause sitting watching any reality show just makes my brain wanna ooze outta my ears after 5 mins but I won't let it

·
Registered
7,377 Posts
My opinion has not changed...has yours?

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Nope....not since last post

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts
No cable here either...just direct TV sat. I don't watch too much ,with 3 kids and a wife and only 4 tvs I lose. That's why I just sit in my garage and smoke cigarettes most nights cause sitting watching any reality show just makes my brain wanna ooze outta my ears after 5 mins but I won't let it
You should be using that time to return the beast to its former glory. Gemini keeps asking!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Mud you and I think a lot alike! If they get us it will be with an EMP, not a war! No cable tv here, we have an outside HD antenna,stream most naything I want to watch.. I can take Facebook or leave it. I usually check it a couple times a week. I like the friends that I have made on CT and all the great information and help that can be had here. I'm most active when the weather is where I can't be outside. So if I had to walk away and give it up I could, but am glad that I don't have to.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Im still here every day arent i?

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Hunting is over this weekend then it's back to cleaning up the garage and scrap for some Jeep money.......then both WJS are headed for a face lift. 4" lift on the Overland and Bushwacker flares and the beast will grow some legs with the new 6.5" springs and a rear bumper and a heavily accessorize roof rack and all kinds a goodies.......

·
Registered
7,377 Posts
Well, to reinforce my previous answers..........I joined another one Friday. If you ever have any tool or garage questions, GarageJournal is where you will find an answer. They've already identified a couple tools I had that were unknowns to me. If you guys are lucky, itll take some of my heat off of here lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts
I used to frequent garagejournal all the time. haven't been on it for years. I still get "show us your new tools" updates! Old habits die hard, DFJM.

·
Administrator
6,426 Posts
I check them when I can. There's two in particular I monitor just to keep tabs on what idiotic crap they're spreading. Others I actually enjoy the community.

Oh and you guys are okay, I guess... :D

·
Registered
7,377 Posts
Im back. So, no, still can't give it up no matter how quiet it gets. I need to check in from time to time and see how my friends and acquaintances are doing. My forums may shift a little in which ones I frequent, but Im still around in most of them.

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts
Hey Mud, How are things in the new house? Well, it's be a few years, so I don't think its new anymore.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts