Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Cherokee 4d Limited
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally caved and canceled my order for the 5.5 rubicon express long arm after they said that it was going to be another 3 months before it was going to ship. so i have decided that i might buy the pets separately what do y’all think of this 3 link kit ALPHA SERIES Jeep XJ 3 Link-CFK0003

a few questions i have
How will the on road drive ability be
should i spend the extra money to get the 4th link or should i just use the 3 link set up
i also have the iron man 4x4 track bar so i wouldn’t need to purchase one

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
As far as a 3 link goes, it is basically the same as I made for myself. Plenty of beef there. On road drivability is excellent and a 3 link articulates better than the four link. Less binding and castor angle is maintained throughout the range of motion. Iron Man Andy makes great stuff

·
Registered
1999 Cherokee 4d Limited
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as a 3 link goes, it is basically the same as I made for myself. Plenty of beef there. On road drivability is excellent and a 3 link articulates better than the four link. Less binding and castor angle is maintained throughout the range of motion. Iron Man Andy makes great stuff
if you were me what 3 link would you go with and we’ll since i’m doing a dana 44 axle swap maybe if there is a 4 link for the rear i’ll do that too

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
Ha, my thoughts exactly. I am in the process of building that stuff now for the three link rear. Claytons has the best of the kits I think. Not cheap though

One good thing about Claytons and what I patterned mine after, is that the center of the cross member is removable if you have to drop the transmission and not have to disassemble the suspension mounts to do it. However CavFab looks good too. They have rear link kits also. However with the rear link kits you have to get real creative with your exhaust since he uses traingulated rear links. Mine will not be, but same style as the front. I have plans for that space that do not include suspension links

1 - 4 of 4 Posts