Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
................im geting that annoying noise from the electrical parts of my xj or fuel injector noise maybe, anybody know how to stop this or if there is a filter for it that i could wire in,my brothers CB has a button that you press to make it stop but he has a better qualty CB that he got from a truck stop.

the noise is like a high pitch screatch only when running

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
You might try changing where you have it grounded . I had horrible noise in mine. I ran both positive and negative to the battery no more noise.

·
Registered
608 Posts
You have solid core or performance wires on your Jeep don't ya? I think someone does make a RF filter, I think I'd give Radio Shack a call about this one. I know I seen some on some older GM cars at the JY that had a lil RF filter to stop the RPM whine from transferring into the stereo...Been years since I saw one tho...

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
You might try changing where you have it grounded . I had horrible noise in mine. I ran both positive and negative to the battery no more noise.
Yes. Remember the battery acts like a big filter, after all it is just an over sized capacitor!

·
Registered
81 Posts
yup running pos and neg wires to the battery is what fixed my noise issues too

·
Registered
89 Posts
Run the CB power wire staight to the battery. Run your ground to the nearest frame point or metal that YOU KNOW is attached to the frame. That will get rid of all or most of your noise.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Run the CB power wire staight to the battery. Run your ground to the nearest frame point or metal that YOU KNOW is attached to the frame. That will get rid of all or most of your noise.
Not bad, but if you are going to pull one wire to the battery...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Unnecessary wiring cluttering up the engine bay brings me down. Just one guy's humble opinion.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
The frame still catches noise from other parts (fuel pump, etc). In order to fully avoid all of these things, both wires have to go to the battery. A set of 12 or 14 gauge wires isn't exactly cluttering the engine compartment. There are many ways to run them where they can get tucked into a pre-existing bundle.

White (ground - had no black) & Red (power), running along the back of the engine bay.

At the battery (fuses have been added):

1 - 14 of 14 Posts