Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, boys - 1998 XJ Limited 4.0 6IL - 1. My valve cover has different valve ports, black/front and grey/rear - where's the CCV and PCV ? What's the difference/function ? 2. I would need to replace these - any Dorman/Crown part numbers available ? pic for attention - many thanks !

Attachments

·
Registered
823 Posts
One stands higher then the other.
One is wide open and the other is just a pin hole.
Can't remember which is which though. LOL.
Don't forget the grommets.
Pretty sure these are what you want.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Im replacing mine too, was gonna check with my parts store today after work. I suppose they'll say which is which. I always just called them both PCV. The front goes into my air filter, so Im guessing thats the positive pressure? I completely destroyed them in removal, so I can't even tell you which was the pinhole or wide open.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....many thanks, folks - very helpful ! The front PCV is connected to the air filter and is wide open, the rear is the one with a valve connected to the intake manifold and stands higher. Unfortunately I did not find a supplier to deliver the front PCV to Central Europe.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Just attempted to order from NAPA, and they can only find the PCV, which according to them, has the pinhole vent and is the taller elbow. A ccv doens't exist in their system, and all cross referenced numbers point to the pcv instead. Even the grommets were hard to get, and they have 3 part numbers!!!! Jeeez

Guess Ill find a ccv elsewhere.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Just attempted to order from NAPA, and they can only find the PCV, which according to them, has the pinhole vent and is the taller elbow. A ccv doens't exist in their system, and all cross referenced numbers point to the pcv instead. Even the grommets were hard to get, and they have 3 part numbers!!!! Jeeez

I got the front one from Napa but the back I had to get from my Dealership.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

yes, same here - also Rockauto does not have the flat front PCV for the XJ 1998 4.0 available - hope we will be successful soon

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Yeah, I got that one, guess we'll see in a couple hours when I get there. Might check oreillys along the way to compare

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Update: o'Reilly's had the CCV. I'll pick it up tomorrow. The napa PCV had the pinhole. Very strange

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Standard is the brand, part number in the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts