Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I changed my front brake pads and rotors for the first time myself. Afterwords when I went to test drive, <2 mins into the drive my brakes started to get stuck when I’d just touch them, I have to give a bit of gas to get them unstuck and as soon as I touch them even, they seize again. The car would also shake and rumble as I touch the brakes harder and harder and even when I just tap it at slow speeds

I got home and noticed that this wasn’t an issue in reverse, only in drive. My friend that is better with cars than I, said that I might’ve messed up my abs too. I honestly have no idea what could be causing this.

Forgot to mention but it’s a 2007 Laredo 4WD 3.7L

·
Super Moderator
13,505 Posts
when you changed your pads, did you clean all the rust off the caliper bracket where the pads sit? They have to float. Also were the slide pins free so the caliper moves freely?

·
Registered
2 Posts
you more than likely need to replace the The caliper piston or the calipers because you pushed them in i use a c clamp they are sticking more than likely !!! or put piston kits in ..because there was a bunch of build up crap inside and when you pushed piston in it happens ..plus flush your fluid and replace with new.. if it did not do it before, it is more than likely not your line but your calipers ya spent all that money on rotors and brakes so get new calipers, good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts