Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forum, bought a 96 Cherokee Country. I want to lift it to around 3" and was wondering whats the best way to go about it, on the cheap. Ive seen budget ift kits like Rocky Roads, but want cheaper! Ride comfort isnt an issue with me. And also I thought to myself, when you lift 3" what about the stock front shocks, how will they work?

The rear has a bit of sag so anything to counter it out is always good. I would also like to keep this kit as harmless as possible, I dont want to have to modify any other part of the suspension or driveline as a result. Got this thing for 600$, has 260k on it. IT RUNS FANTASTIC AND HAS ONLY 1 NICKLE SIZED SPOT OF RUST. I know however it wont last so I want to have some cheap fun with it understandably.

Budget is probably around 200-300ish.

TIA

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
New to the forum, bought a 96 Cherokee Country. I want to lift it to around 3" and was wondering whats the best way to go about it, on the cheap. Ive seen budget ift kits like Rocky Roads, but want cheaper! Ride comfort isnt an issue with me. And also I thought to myself, when you lift 3" what about the stock front shocks, how will they work?

The rear has a bit of sag so anything to counter it out is always good. I would also like to keep this kit as harmless as possible, I dont want to have to modify any other part of the suspension or driveline as a result. Got this thing for 600$, has 260k on it. IT RUNS FANTASTIC AND HAS ONLY 1 NICKLE SIZED SPOT OF RUST. I know however it wont last so I want to have some cheap fun with it understandably.

Budget is probably around 200-300ish.

TIA

As I have said on here MANY times already, for about $280-$290 SHIPPED RC has a 3" lift with AAL and Shocks. it is easy to install and looks and rides good, here is a link to the build up using this kit.

http://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
go to all your 4wd shops around you, find one that has an older guy running it, then find out if his daughters 18 then get in good with pops while dating the daughter, get him to lift your jeep and buy you everything...
see cheap and easy, sound stupid, well then cheap and easy dont ever ever ever go together.......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Go for the 4.5 you get much more and its only about 60$ more once you add in sway bar links and a tracbar its a great value IMO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Being easy is not a real issue, the work and the mechanics is no problem at all.

Ive also seen that thread and am very familiar with that kit as Ive put it in one of my friends cherokee. Just wondering how cheap I could go with this. Im thinking hitting the junkyard for a reaalllll bastard lift.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Being easy is not a real issue, the work and the mechanics is no problem at all.

Ive also seen that thread and am very familiar with that kit as Ive put it in one of my friends cherokee. Just wondering how cheap I could go with this. Im thinking hitting the junkyard for a reaalllll bastard lift.
Thats a good option and many people take up that option.

·
Registered
59 Posts
so far my bastard lift and rims and tires has cost me 120 bucks:thumbsup:
craigslist and all the cherokee forums have been my bestest freinds, havent gone to the j/y yet. but i've had to do alot of work, my rims where from a boat trailer and they where rusted to no end, primed em today. got 4 31's for free and 2 where good, just found the same brand 2 for 40 bucks, so theres the rims and tires. the lift was one that had been used for a couple months and they went higher and the same with the coils.
what im trying to say is, search and you will find the stuff cheap if your not in a hurry.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
im at 3or 3.5 for dirt cheap
junkyard mj shackles , ford lift blocks stock off a f150 modified slightly
and terraflex and extra stock xj front spacers. explorer shocks in the back homade tc drop cost $10 i think under 100 to get it 3plus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts