Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookinf for a really cheap way to mount a winch..anyone??

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Well here is a $280 solution.

DetoursUSA Backbone

I came very close to getting this instead of a custom winch bumper.

The other nice thing is it gives you recovery points as well.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
"Cheap" and "Recovery" shouldn't be spoken together. You want something that will be safe during a recovery so don't skimp. Like these guys have said, there are good units out there for good prices, and they've all given good suggestions.

I believe JCR also makes a winch bumper, can't remember the price off the top of my head though.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Noice!!...that is a cheap solution....not everybody can fob there own shiat!
Hey has a cheap solution to recovery points on the rear with a tire carrier. I think it is $380. Same idea you use your factory bumper and notch it. It's called the tailbone!

I could have got a winch up front and a tire carrier in the rear with four recovery points for what, $660 + shipping? My rear bumper was more than that!

I complained that I wanted something that could take a hit. Mark (DetoursUSA guy) responded with the factory bumpers are cheap at the junk yard. lol, I never thought of it that way, but he's right.

What I really thought was cool about these solutions is people would look at them and try to figure out why I had stock bumpers but a beefy swing away tire carrier and winch!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I was thinking about that one aswell, I cant tell if I like it or not. I wonder how long his sale is going on so I could see it on your rig.
im not shure how long the sale is but thanks to uncle sam i was able to jump on it :D

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
^^ no problem at work here i have a long list bookmarked that says JEEP stuff just things iv found over a couple months

Ya its a debate between that and the slimline. BTW how much was shipping?
only like $40 but im only a little over 200 miles away

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
Logan's Metals has reasonable prices as well.

Jeep Parts

I really like the look of Nate's Slimline Winch Bumper, but I can't find pics of it mounted to an XJ. Seeing it on a saw horse only tells me so much...

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Logan's Metals has reasonable prices as well.

Jeep Parts

I really like the look of Nate's Slimline Winch Bumper, but I can't find pics of it mounted to an XJ. Seeing it on a saw horse only tells me so much...
wow yeah. like kyle said, i have never heard of them either. there isnt many pictures, but from what i can see i like logans rear bumper.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts