Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

Cherokee '15 Stopping after a while

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Gluckmysock 
#1 ·
I been with jeep with 3 years now, last year i purchased a cherokee 2015 and i been fixing every single thing of the car, new battery, radiator, ac, gas tank, and now after it snowed in texas my car started going crazy, i drive it and turns off within couple miles, i check the oil and it looks like the color of coffee ( i put new oil from the jeep dealer like 2 months ago) a mechanic told me i need a new motor, another one that i got water inside the oil (how?? idk) im still paying the car!!! 😭

Help Help Help Help

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry for all your troubles. How many miles? Was it ever wrecked? How many owners? Black coffee, or coffee with creamer?
My wife has a 2016 cherokee with the 2.4l engine. She just received a recall letter in the mail yesterday regarding her engine using oil. I have to take it to the dealer on Wednesday. Try calling a local dealer and ask about any current recalls especially regarding using oil.

#4 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry for all your troubles. How many miles? Was it ever wrecked? How many owners? Black coffee, or coffee with creamer?
My wife has a 2016 cherokee with the 2.4l engine. She just received a recall letter in the mail yesterday regarding her engine using oil. I have to take it to the dealer on Wednesday. Try calling a local dealer and ask about any current recalls especially regarding using oil.

119k miles, with me will be 3 owners, coffee with waaay too much water in it. I haveny received no emails or calls about, but for sure will call the dealer about it because $1.5k its not that easy to find in those time

#3 ·
If your motor stopped, it should have a code in it to state what failed. Have your codes read somewhere like Autozone where it is done for free and see what comes up

#5 ·
Are you losing coolant? I think your coolant is orange, so if you are getting "water" in there, it may be coming from outside the engine. Regardless, it needs fixed. Check your air filter. Do you have a check engine light on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.