Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drove to a friends house tuesday shut the jeep off, ran inside to get him came back out in less than 60 seconds fire her up (new battery and starter tested recently) and it ran for about a second , halfway outta the parkin spot it kills. tried and tried - wouldnt run. pushed in back in a spot. checked spark in the wires and nothin, in distributor looked clean. connections seemed clean on plugs.. not sure last time plugs wires, dist cap were done, could i bee that lucky?? i checked the gas lines and i was gettin it all the way up.. but again no spark... it ran fine, well fine for an 87, and then wouldnt wanna leave its spot.. oh and its at my buddies apt complex where it has to be gone today (112am now) or itll get towed away, and i cant really pay for a tow to another buddies 20 min away to his pole barn... any ideas guys??

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
i drove to a friends house tuesday shut the jeep off, ran inside to get him came back out in less than 60 seconds fire her up (new battery and starter tested recently) and it ran for about a second , halfway outta the parkin spot it kills. Tried and tried - wouldnt run. Pushed in back in a spot. Checked spark in the wires and nothin, in distributor looked clean. Connections seemed clean on plugs.. Not sure last time plugs wires, dist cap were done, could i bee that lucky?? I checked the gas lines and i was gettin it all the way up.. But again no spark... It ran fine, well fine for an 87, and then wouldnt wanna leave its spot.. Oh and its at my buddies apt complex where it has to be gone today (112am now) or itll get towed away, and i cant really pay for a tow to another buddies 20 min away to his pole barn... Any ideas guys??
cps?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts