Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how much my cherokee can pull sence me or my dad arnt jeep experts. We were talking about what we should take to tow a car trailer of my dads that our friends need and take other stuff back on it and in it. I said lets just go get the jeep it has enough room for everything. But there was a problem we dont have a towing hitch on it yet. I am planing on getting one but I want to know how how much it can tow.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I got a class III on mine.... I wanna say I think that's one of only a few hitch options available for the XJ...
Anyhoo...
We used to have a 1990 2Dr XJ that we towed a stock car with constantly. In addition, we had the back loaded up with parts and such for at the track...
Which reminds me, I think I might have a contribution to make to the stories thread......

·
Registered
324 Posts
There were a couple of hitch options...

One was a class II hitch with a 1000 lbs. limit and a toungue weight of 100 lbs.

The other was a class III hitch with a 3000 lbs weight limit and a tongue limit of 300lbs.

Even towing 3000lbs without a properly equipped XJ is a scary, scary thought. A fully loaded car trailer is MUCH heavier than that...... My 16 foot steel frame wood deck trailer is almost 1500 lbs without anything on it.

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so no go on towing the car trailer.
Well thanks for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts