Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I just stumbled on this forum partly because I'm new to the XJ world. I've been wheelin' for a long time starting as a kid in a VW bug, to a '91 Trooper to a '76 CJ-7 (my little crawler) to a '08 JK (sold to keep money in pocket, wife at home), now to my newest rig... an '01 Cherokee 4 door! I'm digging it enough that I don't even miss the JK.

Anyway, am looking forward to getting the XJ out on the trails here in Colorado.

The CJ's for sale.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ah yes ... welcome to the world of true Jeeping satisfaction!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Welcome, if you have some pictures please post them up. We love pictures.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
welcome to CT from PR

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome, if you have some pictures please post them up. We love pictures.
Here ya go, but I'd trade it for your red one, Mudderoy. I've watched yours over at NAXJA and still think its the best looker out there.

drakan1908,
you don't know how close I was to getting a ZJ (and even a WJ) - I love 'em. But, they cost sooo much more to build than XJs. With two little girls wanting every moment, I just don't have the time to wrench like I did on the CJ. Plus, I needed a daily driver and couldn't find a low miler here in town.

Future mods will hopefully include:
bumper & winch
regear to 4.56s
33" Trxs M/Ts or KM2s
another inch or two of lift with either drop brackets or long arms (maybe used parts)

Thanks all.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts

Kind of off subject, but you like the Rusty's flares?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
[/QUOTE]Kind of off subject, but you like the Rusty's flares?[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer the Bushwacker pockets instead. They have a better finish, aren't as brittle. Take a look at Mudderoy's red one. One of mine broke right at the apex of the curve (top) and has been taped with electrical tape. I'm surprised so many Rusty's users have to trim them further to clear tires (like the PO did on mine). I thought they were designed to allow more tire room...

On the good side, they do give more of an off-road look. If these break more, I'll replace them with Bushwackers or something else.

Here's a couple of pics of the last two Jeeps:
'76 CJ-7 D44,D60,35s Detroits, hits 1500 on a 20* ramp

Basic '08 JK. Even w/ 2.5" BB and 32s it was a belly dragger compared to the XJ

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to CT from COS!!:cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like those XJ flares. Who makes them?
Those are Rusty's flares. PO did a pretty good job installing them. I'd probably go with Bushwackers if these crack anymore than they already have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts