Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started hearing a clicking noise towards the end of September in my 2019 Cherokee Latitude 3.2L engine with Active Drive II at 32k miles. The noise only happens when I get back on the accelerator, like coming out of a turn in the foothills. I took it to the dealer but they couldn't get the sound to reproduce (so they charged me $200 since they couldn't find the problem 馃憥). I read on one dealer's website that the tranny should be serviced between 30-50k miles. I'm wondering if the noise could be the tranny filter moving with the fluid when a load is put on (possibly dirty filter)? The sound isn't metallic, just a "click" sound. Maybe something in the transfer case. The dealer mechanic said the U joints were good. Anyone have an issue like this before?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked all the CV boots and look good. No cracking or grease coming out seen. Rubber is still flexible. Checked all lug nuts and none loose. Still a mystery noise. Very low volume click when accelerating and doesn鈥檛 happen all the time. Transmission service needed? Tranny filter sucking up as fluid moves under load?

Super Moderator
I have never heard of a dirty trans filter causng a click. check your tires for something stuck in them like a screw DON"T run your bare hands around the tire. jack it up and rotate it. did you check the u-joints in the drive shaft? check for stones caught in a hub cap. which i doubt you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts