Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm having some problems with my clutch after a recent wheeling trip (may or may not have anything to do with it). It doesn't seem to start disengaging until the pedal is halfway in and when i depress the clutch pedal it doesn't seem to be fully disengaging the clutch, even with the pedal to the floor. I grind into reverse and have trouble getting into gear sometimes.
Now my jeep is a 96 with what is supose to be a closed hydralic system (atleast the owners manual says that) but there is a small tank on the engine side of the firewall opposite the clutch with a cap i can unscrew. is there anyway to make some sort of adjustment to the system so my clutch disengages sooner?
Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Any help would be much appreciated.

Gnome

·
Premium Member
9,301 Posts
Generally this is a sign that the master cylinder on the firewall is starting to wear. You can try to bleed the system, but usually the results will stay the same. They don't cost too much to replace. I have had bad luck with NAPAs clutch master cylinders so I would stay away from that brand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts