Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that have done it, what did you use, and do you have any pics of the outcome?

My Jeep has developed its first rust spot on the rear lower quarter, so I'm going to do the cut and fold back there and just get rid of it, then coat the rest of the lower quarters with a bedliner. It's a mod I've been planning for a long time, and I figure now's a good time to get it done.

Thanks. :cheers:

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
hey blue. i did mine a while ago and its holding up real good. i have before and after pictures in my build thread. as far as brand, i cant remember for sure. its the stuff you can buy from advanced auto. but otherwise herculiner is the way to go. if you buy the kit it comes with a texture roller. i used the rest of my buddies and the roller was no good. so i did two or three coats and the last coat i put the texture on with a normal brush, by dabbing it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here is a couple pics of mine, I just used plastikote or whatever it is from wal mart. I had a couple missing trim pieces, so I decided to do this. First pic is right after I finished, which was a few months ago and the second pic is this past weekend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Holding up well so far, but then again its only been a few months.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
My buddy used Duplicolor Spray-on Bedliner. It's not really a "bed liner" like Herc, but it comes in a typical spray-paint can, and it works really well. It sprays evenly, and it's texture is pretty good. Has rubbed against rocks and such without taking it off. I'll be doing the same on my XJ once it warms up some.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
I love the Duplicolor Spray. Works very well, just prep correctly and you will have problems. The spray will have a smoother texture, the roll one will be rougher. Keep in mind the rougher the texture the harder it is to get the mud and dirt off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts