Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '86 Cherokee and the paint is shot on it. I'm looking for some new paint but i have no clue what color i should paint it. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
22 Posts
painting is not that hard. its choosing what color, and do you or dont you want to stand out in a crowd! before i had a huge company name put on the side i told everybody at my work that i wanted to paint it and asked them to come up with a scheme. i got everything from tiger stripping to camo to pink poky dots! there is a photo shop program (i dont know if its on all of them) that you can take side shots of your jeep and make the color disappear so you just have the outline and you can play around till you find an idea you like. do you or dont you want to stand out thats the question?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm looking for something simple that i don't have to worry about scratching out on the trail. But still looks good.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You guys keep suggesting OD or Desert Tan and COS and i are gonna have to repaint our rigs! :rofl:
ha im panting mine OD green and getting a tent on the roof :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
yall are crazy man you dont need to spray paint on vehical.... rust will build up and crap.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
yall are crazy man you dont need to spray paint on vehical.... rust will build up and crap.
I don't follow. :confused:

With proper prep (including rust removal/patching/etc), rattlecan jobs will hold up just fine. You're not going to get the same results you see on $40,000+ vehicles, but if the OP is going for a simple, inexpensive approach that is no big deal if it gets scratched, then rattlecanning it is fine.

I do agree that just spraying a coat or two over rust isn't going to stop it from spreading because the paint probably won't bind well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts