Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
My dad is finally looking to get ride of his ugly 1994 Chevy Conversion van for something a little more suitable for his "guy" status. He was originally looking at a small pick-up but I'm trying to convince him to go Jeep. When I bought my XJ he said he really liked it but he wants something a little more comfortable in his old age (hope he doesn't see this). I guess to make a long story short, he would like to know of any common problems in/with the Grand Cherokee, post '97?
Thanks in advance.
-Gnome

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hello everyone,
My dad is finally looking to get ride of his ugly 1994 Chevy Conversion van for something a little more suitable for his "guy" status. He was originally looking at a small pick-up but I'm trying to convince him to go Jeep. When I bought my XJ he said he really liked it but he wants something a little more comfortable in his old age (hope he doesn't see this). I guess to make a long story short, he would like to know of any common problems in/with the Grand Cherokee, post '97?
Thanks in advance.
-Gnome
i dont think theres really too many issues except the rear main seal likes to leak in the 4.0 around 200k but thats any jeep 4.0 vehicle. ive heard the newer auto trans, not the aw4 can have issues around 175k . i love my zj its like a cadillac compared to my xj! lots of power, drives sooo nice and its got a bent lower control arm even and it handles so nice. get him to test drive some used zj's at car lots so he can see how they drive then find a deal on craigs list. i never buy anything from a car lot unless its brand new. at a lot a used car is most likely someones problem they didnt wanna deal with anymore with a dealer over priced mark up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts