Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The hood is about $412 and $150 shipping, comes with a black e-coat but you have to use your old hood hardware to mount it...there is no modifications to mounting the new hood though.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hood price

I paid about $950 after mine was all said and done.....Hood + Paint + Vinyl + shipping.

I have no regrets at all

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
so it would be somewhere between $600-$800 for a painted to match hood. no thanks.
agreed

junkyard hood plus custom hood vents

lookin at 100 dollars tops

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
Hey Jeepgod, let's see a picture of your jeep if you don't mind. I'd like to see what this hood looks like.

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
I dig it. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys :) It has taken me a lot of hard work and money to get it where it is today.....BUT, I honestly do nto ever think it will be done with all the stuff out there.......I feel a little ADD and OCD :rofl:

·
Registered
826 Posts
I think that hood looks great but a grand is way to much for a Jeep hood. I am using a hood I got for free and some sheet metal, a welder, and some imagination to make a cowl hood it should come out to $15 and I will paint it when I do the whole XJ over the winter( after the full widths)

·
Registered
41 Posts
agreed

junkyard hood plus custom hood vents

lookin at 100 dollars tops
You mean, own hood plus custom hood vents.

~$20-ish

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, he probably means junk yard hood plus custom hood vents so he has his own stock hood in case he needs it for whatever reason down the road and he is not chopping on his own hood.

·
Administrator
6,426 Posts
No, he probably means junk yard hood plus custom hood vents so he has his own stock hood in case he needs it for whatever reason down the road and he is not chopping on his own hood.
:thumbsup: This.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Cowl actually is designed mainly to catch cool air off of the windshield and feed to the air filter, hence the name "Cowl Induction". However it is great for letting heat escape from under the hood.
I'm getting one for my XJ.
4WD Hardware has them in their "Summer 2010 Cherokee Catalog" item #RAP731800 for $312.99 and according to their catalog, if you pick it up in a 4WP store the shipping is actually FREE!
It don't get any better than that.

aka_BountyHunter

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
The Cowl actually is designed mainly to catch cool air off of the windshield and feed to the air filter, hence the name "Cowl Induction". However it is great for letting heat escape from under the hood.

aka_BountyHunter
going by this statement right here isnt a cowl hood basically worthless on an xj because the intake is behind the headlight

and even if it allows air to escape at stoplights the air pressure off the windshield wouldnt allow it to escape at highway and normal cruising speeds

unless the pressure is so great that it forces the hot air down below the engine and under the body ... i would see this as a rather pointless mod ?
:dunno:

can someone explain thow this would help at highway speeds?

·
Registered
59 Posts
As for the air induction, if you are running a "closed" cold air induction ie:covered or foam liner on air box that snuggle up to the underside of the hood...then No, it would not help the CAI, however if you are running an "open" air system such as an open cone filter, then yes the cool air coming off the windshield at any speed would be advantageous.
As well as yes the cool air, at speed, will force the hot air out the bottom, hence keeping the engine bay cooler.
It worked well on my 68 Camaro RS/SS and my 72 454 El Camino, so in theory, it should work well on the XJ.

by the way...I love San Antonio. Especially Mi-Tieras, and Dirty Nellie's.

aka_BountyHunter

1 - 20 of 27 Posts