·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, my driving needs right now are very low around town DD mileage, 25-55 mph. Occasional short HW drives, and the only wheeling around here (at least 45 away) is all sand and mud, until I make a trip out to Rausch Creek.
I plan to rotate tires with every oil change.

·
Super Moderator
9,933 Posts
It's a cooper, so that already gets my vote. It's 10 pky load range E. Another plus. I know you're in Jersey which means snow, but I think the milestars have slightly better sipping which would be an advantage in snow. So unless someone has some more definitive answers, I think it's still a toss up. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cooper 10 ply range E vs Milestar range C, might be a deciding factor. think the cooper would be a stiffer ride? Definitely looking to “soften up” the daily drive as much as possible as well as not really concerned with sidewalks holding up to lots of rocks and obstacles, so a C load range might suit me better?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Ok, Coopers are awesome. Haven't run this newer one from them, but I will say that Load Range E means they'll ride like rocks on our lightweight Jeeps. E range belongs on heavy pickups. C is ok but D makes me sleep better at night knowing its a little tougher. So yeah, the Coopers vs the Milestars will definitely be a much rougher ride.

If most of what you do is on pavement, Id recommend a less aggressive tire. I wasted a good set of Cooper STT Pros like that. My next set may be less aggressive. Like the ST Maxx or AT3, both are amazing tires.

My tire shopping is heavily based on where I get the best warranty and who is going to throw in the best installation/balancing package. The store with the cheapest tire price is usually not the winner in my case. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Superman, duly noted on MT wear given street use. But, ya know. When they do go wheelin there will be mud! But really I’m driving soooo little these days, I’m less concerned.

Also, after checking online again, these r15 coopers are still 6-ply. There are different sizes that are 10 ply such as the 35 r20

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If most of what you do is on pavement, Id recommend a less aggressive tire. I wasted a good set of Cooper STT Pros like that. My next set may be less aggressive. Like the ST Maxx or AT3, both are amazing tires.
Been looking at the Cooper ST MAXX too, might be the way to go - a little less aggressive but more durable and road worthy than the evolution, and still affordable at $175 at wally. I will have to check with my local tire guys on price and installation/warranty too.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Just scanned their site real quick. They have a whole batch of new models I haven't looked at yet. The AT3 used to be one tire, now its closer to 6 different variations. Keep that one on your list, but the ST MAXX is probably my next set. Unless Im feeling silly again and get another MT.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Cooper tires are great never had any issues with them. The milestars are great tire too I ran them little over a year before I went to 37s. They grip well quiet and smooth. I honestly beat the shit out of mine and they still looked new on my uncles jeep.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts