Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to you all,
I,m in the uk, having major issue with my xj 4.0 98.
I was upgrading lpg set up, ( with fuel at £1,38 a litre $1.68 lpg is needed). any way, I must have shorted something, well trying to minimise the amount of injector plugs and cables needed. ended up not starting.
getting P1694 and P1686. at start. only have torque app on phone , I have replaced cps, returned all wiring back to originale, I have checked and replaced blown fuses, and tested asd and fuel pump relays,sparks and fuel pressure good, no joy. just cranks no mil or immobiliser lights on dash, dash all works.
I also have a 2.5 petrol pre face 1997 for parts, so tried pcm from it,as same part no 56041 jeep would fire up and stop, lost some dash gauges and immobiliser light on, 97 jeep does not have immobiliser, so disconnected skims, still no start.
So I purchased new plug and play tcm from fs1inc, gave them vin, mileage, waited 4 weeks for it to arrive.
Now I have no dash, Immobiliser light on permanently, and fuel pump relay buzzing and fuel pump perm charging, P1694 code and P0700, show up. I can not get a reply from fs1inc to confirm weather they reprogrammed skim,s back in or not?
can,t find a pcm company to look at pcm, they just laugh and say good luck!. I just recieved a transmission control unit today, as P0700 says tranny module but the connector is different, as from a 96 4.0 auto so cant try it.
other then dragging it to a main dealer, which I fear will cost me more then jeep is worth can any body suggest any thing?
Would fs1inc have automatically programmed skim,s in from vin details, as they had know it was a uk spec, or do you need to tell them?
I just put a 3 inch cross country lift kit on it aswell! been 2 months now, I m starting to lose the will to live.

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
The 1694 is " Bus communication failure to PCM"

1686 is "
No CCD/J1850 messages received from the Smart Key Immobilizer Module (SKIM)."

If an immobilizer is not communicating, I think that is what is keeping it from starting. The BUS problem explains the dash not working. I think you need the proper ECM for that year and engine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ECM as in powertrain control module PCM, yes I bought one from fs1inc in the states ordered on my part no off my PCM, new plug and play one,
but given me more problems, with immobiliser on and fuel pump charging continuously.
Does the transmission control module, the one near the steering column and foot pedals have any control over fuel pump, if the TCM has gone, could that give the fuel pump charging and the P0700
fault and triggering the immobiliser, as immobi light is,not flashing but on constant. did I read the means a fault, rather then wrong key.

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
I am not quite sure what is going on there. There are some differences in export models. It almost sounds like there is a couple of pins on the plug that are different. Have you contacted them and asked what is going on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not quite sure what is going on there. There are some differences in export models. It almost sounds like there is a couple of pins on the plug that are different. Have you contacted them and asked what is going on
Yes, have tried 3 times with no reply.
As they had my vin and new it was going to uk, thought they check details for export models? may be not!
going to get a new TCM again from states,plug and play. put a search online here, for all breakers yards, no joy. all cars are striped for you here, you cant walk round yards anymore, no fun.
need to see if I can bench test my TCM for signal out put.
but still means waiting weeks for it turn up.

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
Hope it all works out for you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts