Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have a lot of nerve. If you just think tornado I'm in the basement somewhere not clicking a camera on the side of the road. Been through one and never want to see another one. I'll take hurricanes any day of the week.
yeah i know. i didnt have much of a choice. it was in the middle of nowhere, underneath the only bridge was crowded. the road was lined full of cars. the best thing i had was a ditch. i was hundreds of miles from home in the middle of corn.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
the diff between tornadoes and hurricanes, is that tornadoes are fast winds that will FU up unexpectedly, and hurricanes are fast winds that will FU up but you see it coming all the way from Africa... LOL,

cool pic,,

·
Registered
324 Posts
the diff between tornadoes and hurricanes, is that tornadoes are fast winds that will FU up unexpectedly, and hurricanes are fast winds that will FU up but you see it coming all the way from Africa... LOL,

cool pic,,

Not really... With modern doppler radar and good eye-ball tracking tornados really aren't all that unexpected anymore. Just seems like everytime we get called out for spotting I'm always in the area that has nothing.. or hail.....

Very cool pic Jake.....

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I love Chasing Tornados used to do it for the county but haven't for the last few years.

I am HIGHLY intrested in them, they are so destructive and powerful yet so delicate. Ok for those that don't understand that last sentence, I live in the middle of Tornado Alley and have seen my fair share. A tornado can literally head for 3 side by side houses and take the middle one completely to the ground and not remove a shingle off of either of the two houses next to it. They can pick up and toss a fully loaded Semi and trailer but leave the Geo Metro sitting right infront of it untouched.

And as Whowey said with the advancements in Radar and the well trained spotters most tornados are spoted even before one forms

Jake that is a great pic :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is a Tornado that tore up Paris Tennessee a couple of years ago. This shot was taken just before it ripped the roof off a factory. Lots of property damage but no Fatalities.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts

Hurricane Ike - My Backyard

Hurricane Ike - My Backyard

After Hurricane Ike - My Backyard

After Hurricane Ike - Storage Build from nearby elementary

Random Morning Drive Time Shot

Random Morning Drive Time Shot

Brother in-law - Shot in Mexico

Brother in-law - Shot in Mexico

·