Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are my plans, any cool site seeing suggestions? Not going to go wheeling, cause i need to get to my final destination!

no guarantees on this being final, but its a better idea.

Bartlesville, OK, taking 60 west to 69 south to Muskogee turnpike south/west to I40 west to:

Fort smith, Arkansas follow I 40 through Little rock and Memphis, Tennessee

Then take 78 through Mississippi to Birmingham, Alabama, then jump on I20 to Atlanta, GA (first official stop, to pick up my little sister from College)

From there take I20 all the way through Georgia, to 501 to Myrtle Beach, SC (second stop Grandparents, Mothers side)

back track on 501 to 95, take it north to 58, branch off to go to Chase City, VA (Third stop Grandparents, fathers side)

From Chase City, to 85 and get back on 95 in Richmond, VA then follow it all the way to Glen Burnie, MD (home)

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
How many hours/days is this gonna take? Just curious.

Hope you have fun, hit good weather all along the way, and get some of that old, married dust off of you on the long drive home. ;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 5-6 days, not really rushing it, kinda doing alot of site seeing and my first vacation in like 6 years, so I am going to do a lot of "finding myself" (aka knocking the married dust off) lol

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Don't bother with the tourist trap at South of the Border at the NC/SC border on 95. Real tourist trap that many stop at. If you need a rest stop wait for the NC welcome center. Nice duck pond and very nice ladies inside. Ducks like ppl to photograph them.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Don't bother with the tourist trap at South of the Border at the NC/SC border on 95. Real tourist trap that many stop at. If you need a rest stop wait for the NC welcome center. Nice duck pond and very nice ladies inside. Ducks like ppl to photograph them.
so...you did get a photograph of yourself with the ducks that you wish to share with us??!! :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
God I remember that place...Everytime I went down to Myrtle... UGH!

Sorry, don't know too much about that area, if ya get closer to Charlotte and stuff, I know a whole bunch of fun...Well, anything from the NC/SC border up 85, and anything off of 40 (Winston/High Point/Greensboro towards R-D/Chapel Hill). Other than that, it was all a blur going to here or there...

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
so...you did get a photograph of yourself with the ducks that you wish to share with us??!! :D
No but my wife took several of my grand-daughter playing and feeding them.
When she gets home I will see if I can find some for you mudd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts