Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ladies and gentlemen...I understand why caster and toe are affected when lifting an XJ, but what necessarilly affects the camber of the tires/wheels seeing as how it is a solid front axle and not IFS.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I'm not mistaken, camber isn't really adjustable on XJ's unless you get adjustable ball joints.
You are correct in that statement, I guess my question was phrased wrong. Why is camber affected when lifting an XJ? Or could my off camber be due to bad ball joints?

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
You are correct in that statement, I guess my question was phrased wrong. Why is camber affected when lifting an XJ? Or could my off camber be due to bad ball joints?
Ball joints or really bad wheel bearings.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ball joints or really bad wheel bearings.
Newer wheel bearings on both sides...but 1.5 degrees off on camber. looks like /------\ but not that extreme...I'll get it on the rack and check the ball joints.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Newer wheel bearings on both sides...but 1.5 degrees off on camber. looks like /------\ but not that extreme...I'll get it on the rack and check the ball joints.
Use all your muscle when checkin em. My gf's bro has a 89 with bad ball joints. We couldn't tell they were bad unless i was using ALL MY STRENGTH to pull/push at 12 and 6 on the tires. Just a slight clunk is all we got and we knew they were bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts