Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
IDK, checking the fuel tank... maybe some under coat..

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
Inspect the shaft splines for wear. Inspect the R&P for metal shavings/scarring. (If you're changing the gears, don't worry about it. :D ) Change the fluids. Change the drums/shoes/spring kits/wheel cylinders. Sand that puppy down and shoot a coat of paint then a coat of rubberized undercoating. That's the main stuff I can think of.

·
Registered
642 Posts
:D I meant to the axle itself, the underside of my jeep is in fine condition, the axle from the JY might not be in that sort of condition.
oops took it the wrong way. :eek:

I personally would put in some Yukon axleshafts. Then scrub it down with a wire brush and get crazy with a spray paint can. :D

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
:D I meant to the axle itself, the underside of my jeep is in fine condition, the axle from the JY might not be in that sort of condition.
ahh sorry IDK.. lol :rofl:

·
Registered
872 Posts
A D44, you don't need chromo shafts or a truss, unless you're planning on tires bigger than 35s, and I don't even know if you'd need them then!! Check it out, maybe replace the seals, change the fluid, put on a HD cover, rattle can it and call it good!!

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A D44, you don't need chromo shafts or a truss, unless you're planning on tires bigger than 35s, and I don't even know if you'd need them then!! Check it out, maybe replace the seals, change the fluid, put on a HD cover, rattle can it and call it good!!
Thats pretty much what I was thinking, a HD cover is a must.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Check and make sure the Yoke isn't worn out, I read about a guy on anoughter forum who bought an 8.8 and did the swap and first time out the Yoke broke because it was wore out and loose

1 - 20 of 36 Posts