Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How in the world do you solve this crappy common issue? I was driving to pick up my mtz's in ohio. I stopped at a light off the ramp and the jeep wouldn't go and accelerate normally and I had to pull over for a second. It felt like the tranny was slipping or something. I arrived at my destination and got the tires but when i fired it up, it ran very rough and i knew it was the misfire in cyl 3. I had this happen twice before after a long trip. So i'm sitting there for 30 minutes waiting for the motor to cool down and finally it runs normally and I go home. I have the worthless heat shield around the injector but that's not doing anything. i don't want to pay the dealer to do the diagnosis computer crap that was recommended cuz it's not really guaranteed to fix it. What can I do about this to get me some reliable long distance trouble-free trips?? this misfire is so common that Jeep should've FIXED IT.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I've been dealing with the same issue for quite sometime. I have the same "wrapper" around the injector blah blah blah. Same crappy cylinder 3 misfire. What do I do now?

If I know I'm going somewhere and the Jeep won't have enough time for the vapors to escape before restarting it, I"ll either let it idle or i'll pop the hood (not prop it open), just popped so that air has time to escape.

When I'm wheeling, if I'm leading/spotting and stuff, I'll often times just leave the hood popped on the trails too. It's the cheapest way I've seen to keep myself from the frustration of running into that problem.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been dealing with the same issue for quite sometime. I have the same "wrapper" around the injector blah blah blah. Same crappy cylinder 3 misfire. What do I do now?

If I know I'm going somewhere and the Jeep won't have enough time for the vapors to escape before restarting it, I"ll either let it idle or i'll pop the hood (not prop it open), just popped so that air has time to escape.

When I'm wheeling, if I'm leading/spotting and stuff, I'll often times just leave the hood popped on the trails too. It's the cheapest way I've seen to keep myself from the frustration of running into that problem.
I have scoops on mine but doesn't seem to be helping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts