Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what type of ball joints you all use. My XJ needs a new set.

I didn't really get any prices on any except the stock replacement that Quadratec sells for $47 per side. My friend got a set for his Dana 30 from Jeep, and he paid $250 for just the ball joints. That's quite the difference in price.

I really don't have a ton of cash to spend so $100 for both sides seems like a good deal to me, but I don't want some ball joints that will fail within 6 months. As the saying goes "You get what you pay for."

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations for what ball joints to get. Links are welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Check at your local Napa store for what kind they sell. Their prices sometimes aren't the best but, they sell good stuff and almost always give a warranty with it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
For me the good quality equal to Spicer are $50 upper and $60 lower each. So that's what $110 per side..I'll buy Spicer brand any day for $40 per side..:) After all it's what came on the jeep from the factory. Although generally I buy all my parts at Napa..

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
This is where I get my ball joints:

Ball Joints and King Pins | Tellico 4x4

I ran a set of the cheap ones on the tj and they lasted 2 years till i sold it. I used rockauto.com this year for ball joints just to try something different. Good joints.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a NAPA near where I'll be working tomorrow, so I'll swing by during lunch and see what they've got. As of right now I'll have to wait until my next paycheck to think about buying them because I've got some bills to pay with my current paycheck.

100/side is a bit on the expensive side for me right now, as my current DD also needs brakes all around.

Thanks for the suggestions/recommendations so far!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts