Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oct 1 Archery season opens here in Indiana, this is my favorite time of year.
Any other hunters out there. Lets see some pictures.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am not a bow hunter, but I am a gun hunter. Not a hunter in the "sporting" term, but rather a hunter in the population control term. I am a farmer and have over 3000 acres that seems to get riddled in places due to the tremendous numbers in the local deer population. We even have state issued nusence (sp?) permits. I used to enjoy the hunt, but now unfortunaly due to being so busy I am a killer, not a hunter like I once was. I do admire the sproting/talent/devotion aspect behind bow hunting but I would rather wheel then hunt. I do have some decent pics, I will see if I can get them posted up for ya.

·
Registered
27 Posts
deer.jpg

this is a buck that we took 2 years ago, it scored green just over 170 but dried .75 of a point short for Missouri Big Bucks.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
ive always been curious what do you do after you hunt them cook em? or what, Im not a PETA activiste im just curious.. there is no deers here in PR so IDK.

I did hunt ones with my grandpa in Argentina wild pigs.. the ones with the big teeth ... I hit it at the but and it ran straight at my grandpas horse and he made the final kill.. it sure was tasty...

·
Banned
851 Posts
Hunt and eat them, that's the way it goes. Now I have friends up north that don't eat meat but they love to hunt(strange I know). What they end up doing is taking the cleaned dear to the nearest "Soup Kitchen/homeless Shelter" and that makes alot of meals for needy family's..

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a hunter, not a trophy hunter. My family and I enjoy what I hunt and harvest. Love to eat venision, much healthier and better then store bought meat. There are some great programs out there for people who love to hunt but not eat it. Hunters for the Hungry is a very good one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We have "Share the Harvest" in Missouri. I usually keep 2 deer a year back for our own consumption and the rest get donated. Even with our extra permits, we do not "shoot and leave lay". We harvest everything we kill. We have had some deer that were shot and had wounds that were infected, from possibly being shot before or fighting, and the donation station will not accept them, so we donate them to a local fox/coyote pen.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I have meat left year to year I give last years to a local shelter, they greatly appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts