Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 835 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all Jeep addicts. I've been on other forums for a while now. Just looking for a spot to chat amongst a new crowd. Before it gets asked, my name is Satan's Gate...S8-N's-G8. I'm not Satanic but I do have an odd mindset. I've spent my whole life on the edge of Hell, but through my life have found myself always stepping in to help others not to end up in the same situation. Anyway, that's another story for another time.
My love for Jeeps started with my moms CJ7 Renegade back in '78...ya, I'm old;) It was actually '87 when I saw the first XJ that turned my crank. An '87 2dr sport in light pearl stone with black rockers and red pinstripe in the rubber molding.
My first XJ came to me in '98 in the form of a white 4dr. I spent 9 glorious years pumping money into it until it got fire bombed in my driveway one night...long story. I got over it slowly, but never lost the desire to have an XJ. In '08 I found a '95 2dr sport in light pearl stone with black rockers. It became mine and started getting dressed up immediately.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And a thank you from Helena, MT. This was after 8+hrs of detailing. The cleaning included removing the rubber molding cuz different pieces were missing from each side. The bees get abundant around here in the summer. 7 hives needed to be removed throughout all the door jams.
My only issue with this Jeep was the black trim. My '87 4dr had chrome trim and I got very attached to the look. The first things I'd done here was painting the grill with Krylon Fusion and swapped out the 225 tires for some 275/60R15's.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About 6mo later I stole the 31's and rims from my Exploder. I had to open up the hubs a little with a dye grinder. The backspacing on the Ford rims also helped since I ran no lift for about 1 1/2 yrs. At this point I'd also added the diamond plate(dp) rockers. I fabbed a dp airdam, wrapped a piece around the towbar, and got some d-rings to fit the tabs.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After so many years of waiting to do it right, I finally built my custom sub system enclosure. I added some JKS dogleg shackles to make up for the sag from the weight of this thing. But it has served me well as my permanent sandbags for traction.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I managed to get ahold of some chrome bumpers, even though it drove me crazy that the end caps were painted dark silver.
It's been almost 3 yrs now since I did the lift. I got the chance to get new rims, but due to the 3.25" bs they weren't going on without a lift. I went with Rusty's Offroad and got the 3" front/3.5" rear. I replaced all the control arms with the adjustable with the flex joints. I also added a Rough Country adj track bar and RE sway bar links.

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
Welcome to the forum and a very nice looking rig. I'd say the wait was worth it! I actually liked the way the Exploder wheels looked on it, never actually saw them on one before.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks bud. I liked those rims too. They're on my ZJ now before they went on I did a full resto on them and painted the insets white with floor epoxy.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In the last pic of my XJ you can see the chrome KC Slimlites I added too...just for a little shine.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kind of getting ahead of myself here. This is my amp setup that happens to be in the front half of my sub enclosure. 2 RF bd1000's and a 1.5far cap. These are pushing 2 Kicker L7 10's.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Let's just say we're caught up with the explaining and this is how she sits today.

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
Why do I really like the look of your jeep?

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
Thought the same, guess it's just the right amount of chrome without going overboard.
That's the thing, I hate chrome but I like it on his.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I'm right there with you on that. Took it all off my Harley, nutn' but black for me but ,damn does that XJ look classy.... perfect.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Looks awesome. You doing all the fab work with the diamond plate yourself?

1 - 20 of 835 Posts