Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone running these tires on their Cherokee? If so how do you like them and do you have any pics of your Cherokee with them on?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
ive seen them on a 4x4 shop that sells them they are real expensive, if you have the money go for it, they tell mi they are great, but I thing you can find as good tires for less...

but Ive hurd real good feedback on the Dick Cepek

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Dick Cepek Tires are made by Mickey Thompson so I would say they can't be that bad cause M/T makes good tires

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to have the mud tires but I wonder just how many miles I would get out of them on the road. My jeep is a DD/weekend warrior. Right now I'm running General Grabber AT2s. Any oppinion?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I would like to have the mud tires but I wonder just how many miles I would get out of them on the road. My jeep is a DD/weekend warrior. Right now I'm running General Grabber AT2s. Any oppinion?
stick with what u have

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they will only be on there for about 2 months at the most. They are cupped bad and need to be replaced

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
My buddy's running the 31 on his XJ, and he seems to like them. They don't seem any rougher on the road than my TrXus tires. He hasn't had them on for very long though, so I can't really say how they wear on the road. He puts quite a few miles on his rig though and hasn't complained yet.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I have also been looking at the Cooper STT, I have read a lot of good things about them

I USED to run them on my XJ, only reason I got rid of them is I went to 33" They wear great, they are great off road and in the snow did pretty good

·
Registered
606 Posts
I priced a 31x10.50 cooper stt at my local tire shop for a price of $192.00 each!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have had the Dick Cepek FC-II's and they were awesome tires. wore great, and had good bite for a more aggressive A/T. now i am running the DC Crushers and they are super impressive. i would consider the DC mud countrys in the future

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I priced a 31x10.50 cooper stt at my local tire shop for a price of $192.00 each!!!
this is an add from www.4wheelparts.com for the Dick Cepek Mud Country

Buy now and get 10% Off Instantly
List Price: $245.99
Original Price: $161.99
See Special Price in Cart
They have the $161.99 crossed out so you can get them for less than that for a 31/10.5/15

and I have found the cooper stt for $155 on line also

·
Registered
606 Posts
Unless you can get free shipping on tires it's not really a deal or at least what I have seen plus you still need mount and balanced that's another 40.00 bucks.I get the maxxis bighorn for 600.00 shipped best deal I have found.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Unless you can get free shipping on tires it's not really a deal or at least what I have seen plus you still need mount and balanced that's another 40.00 bucks.I get the maxxis bighorn for 600.00 shipped best deal I have found.
Yup bighorns are another option that should be looked into, a very respectable tire.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just found a tire shop in north carolinia with the stt for 150.00 each me and the wifey are heading to the meineke car care bowl in charolete dec 26 we will be going right past their shop may have to snag a set of tires.Think I can fit 4 31x1050 tires in the back of the xj?

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Just found a tire shop in north carolinia with the stt for 150.00 each me and the wifey are heading to the meineke car care bowl in charolete dec 26 we will be going right past their shop may have to snag a set of tires.Think I can fit 4 31x1050 tires in the back of the xj?
:D Maybe, that would be interesting to watch. But with the back seat down, probably.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts