Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of my comanches recently went through a "convertible stage" at it's end-life crisis :group beer: ...

and of course the only way it could end was in divorce :rotf: ...

lol. this is to be TNT's extended cab section to put 2dr doors on his MJ and allow the head room and leg room to ease his pain getting in with his extremely bad back :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
good cant wait to see this build come out... as I am making a extcab mj too and everyone says many have started but never did it... well 2009 might be the year everyone gets to see 2 built..
I have to say that I like the divorced MJ that I found a little better.... just because it seems to be in better shape then that one.. yours must have came from a abused relationship and mine was just left outside.. in the divorce

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kyle, I can...when it's completed. we only cut this apart yesterday, there is a long way to go.

Jake, this was that cab section leftover from when we cut up the red truck...Tim is definitely going ext. cab now :D

Taz, I'll take as many pics as I can so you have an idea on how to.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Kyle, I can...when it's completed. we only cut this apart yesterday, there is a long way to go.

Jake, this was that cab section leftover from when we cut up the red truck...Tim is definitely going ext. cab now :D

Sorry I misunderstood you ;) Looking forward to a lot of pictures.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

what do you mean so I know how to .. I may have mine done before you... I have to say you have a head start as you have that one cut but. I do have the front off my mj.
I think it will be intersesting to see how you guys do it and how I do it to compaire and maybe ablie to help each other.. hahhaaaa:pop:

When are you going to start the build and do you have a plan on how.. as in just extend the cab or are you making a 4 dr... is this an MJ that is going to be leanthed out.. just woundering... I am think you have read that I am going to take a xj front and fab on the rear of the mj.. just wanted to know what you have thought of..

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do you mean so I know how to .. I may have mine done before you... I have to say you have a head start as you have that one cut but. I do have the front off my mj.
I think it will be intersesting to see how you guys do it and how I do it to compaire and maybe ablie to help each other.. hahhaaaa:pop:

When are you going to start the build and do you have a plan on how.. as in just extend the cab or are you making a 4 dr... is this an MJ that is going to be leanthed out.. just woundering... I am think you have read that I am going to take a xj front and fab on the rear of the mj.. just wanted to know what you have thought of..

lol...the entire MJ this section is being grafted onto is already chopped up. this is just the donor cab.

if you're using a cherokee as your base, make sure you cut the lower frame section on your MJ all the way up to the LCA mounts...right around where the front seats are in the xj, they changed frame widths so you will need to make up the space with the MJ frame rails to joint it together easily.

what does leanthed mean?

this is a 2dr ext. cab using 2dr doors. he's not looking for passenger space...just storage and ease and comfort getting in and out.

no box, truggy.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm contemplating going with a longcab on the 3800...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the longbed fine too. well, other than the fact that half the bed is FUBAR. you should know, you were in it when it happened lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts