Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each one of our XJ's is unique in it's own way, each one with a different "personality".
So, what do you call your Cherokee?
(Go easy on the four letter words), huh? :D

I'm guessing that i go first! :dunno:

My 1st XJ- "Green Monster"
My 2nd XJ- "Che-Chee"

:pop:

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
The Heep for the most part...

Sometimes it's the Goddam Heep depending on how much $$$$ it's trying to suck outta my pocket. Other times it's my Bad-ass soccer mom mobile...it goes by many names, so it would be a long list...but mostly just "The Heep"

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
The first thing I though of were curse words. But really no. I do pet it and tell it I love it when it starts misbehaving. In the right mind I've hugged it, I'm not going to lie.

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
The first thing I though of were curse words. But really no. I do pet it and tell it I love it when it starts misbehaving. In the right mind I've hugged it, I'm not going to lie.
You got a XJ now? I thought you had a CJ?

I always try to name my jeeps but I end up forgetting what I named it. :dunno:

·
Registered
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Isn't "che chee" spanish for breast?
:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

i did not know this- Che is a Spanish interjection for; hey, or wow and in Italian in means that!:dunno:

actually, the kids started calling 'er Che-Chee. I did a WikiSearch on Cherokee Indians, and what did you think i found? Che-ya-tahee was a famous Cherokee Chief survivor during "The Trail of Tears", Indian removal act... :bow: :thumbsup:

:pop:

·
Registered
167 Posts
jeep

sometimes - ol' *itch

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Mean Green.

at work, since more often than not its filthy, they tried to think of a stripper name for it... i think they came up with "Bubbles". didn't fly with me, so Mean Green it is.

if its not on 31's and on normal, mellower tires, its Greenie

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
its bad luck to name your vehicles with guys names

mine is pandora cause everytime i open her up i find a whole new mess of problems

·
Registered
607 Posts
I've had a few. In order of acquisition...

1987 Pioneer 4D - "Clyde." From Ray Stevens' "Ahab the Arab" - "... there wasn't nothing that could keep up with Clyde once he got started."

1989 Limited 4D - "Bonnie." My wife's first XJ, she misinterpreted Clyde's name and we ended up with a pair: "Bonnie & Clyde."

1988 Laredo 2D - "Beck." Named for COL Charles A. Beckwith, USA, (ret) (dec). COL Beckwith was the founder of SFOD-DELTA ("DELTA Force") and was an old warhorse that kept going, no matter what was thrown at him. Kinda like his namesake.

1990 Base 4D - "Rizz." Named after our first little rat - Rizzo. Herself named after Rizzo the Rat from The Muppet Show.

1990 ? 4D - "Frank." Picked him up because I was finally going to score an AX-15, and picked up the rest of the truck with the transmission. Drove my transmission home. I'll be doing a sort of "reverse Frankenstein" with him. The transmission is going to get a 1994 front end and become an "external" AX-15, the roof will have a patch cut out to fill in for Beck's sunroof after I get it out, I'll be taking measurements as I disassemble, checking the engine out for an overhaul, ... I've no idea what trim level Frank is/was - he was only "most of a rig" when I picked him up...

Machines have personalities - my wife and I were both in the habit of naming our vehicles and machines before we even met (all the way back to my first car in my case - Baron von Richtoven. 1966 VolksWagen Bug. He was red when I got him, and deep grey when I had the resto finished. As far as I know, the guy that bought him when I enlisted still called him "Baron von Richtoven" for the longest. I'm still kicking myself for selling that car, and it's been twenty years...)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts