Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
What type of job do you have?

As for me, not doing anything special. Oil changes on mine and my girlfriend's cars tomorrow, Sunday I'm helping my friend setup his air compressor, and we're finishing the installation of his trans into his TJ. Tonight going to a bar with some friends.

Same old stuff, different weekend.

·
Banned
851 Posts
If my tax money shows up in the bank I'm going to pick up a '87 Waggy. Money tight but this is a great price and it's to replace the ZJ I have. All my aftermarket will be carried over to the XJ from the ZJ..

Uni-body is cracked on the drivers side on the ZJ so I'm on borrowed time. But I'll be parting out the ZJ so hope to make back what I spend for the Waggy.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I worked at a restaurant during college for the same purposes. Plus it gave me a chance to get away from the school BS to clear my head up sometimes.

There are alot of good deals to be had on vehicles right now. If you've got the cash right now is the time to buy. People are trying to get rid of their stuff for cheap now.

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
If my tax money shows up in the bank I'm going to pick up a '87 Waggy. Money tight but this is a great price and it's to replace the ZJ I have. All my aftermarket will be carried over to the XJ from the ZJ..

Uni-body is cracked on the drivers side on the ZJ so I'm on borrowed time. But I'll be parting out the ZJ so hope to make back what I spend for the Waggy.
let me know when you part out the ZJ.

as for me I am hopefully buying my new SLR camera. and maybe, if time permits hang out with my friend before he goes to china for a month and put in my rockcrusher diff. covers.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

as for me I am hopefully buying my new SLR camera. and maybe, if time permits hang out with my friend before he goes to china for a month and put in my rockcrusher diff. covers.
Which kind of SLR are you going with?

·
Banned
851 Posts

Will do, anything you looking for or need?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Putting in my new head lights and hood vents on my cherokee and an oil change on my friends idk what she is to him now car lol and of course spend time with the girl friend

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Which kind of SLR are you going with?
well i really want to start dabbing into the HDR realm. I was going to go with a Nikon, i love their lenses. but to get the autobracketing feature i would have to jump up to a D80, or 90. I just dont have that kind of money right now. So i looked into other cameras and found out that all canon SLR's have the AEB, autobracketing in them. as for now, i was thinking about going with the Canon Rebel XS 10 megapixel. i dont know the differences between the XS, XTi, and the XSi?

Will do, anything you looking for or need?
wow haha. my uncle said he was looking for pretty much the whole front end. i dont know why hes having trouble finding it, but he hit a deer and wants to fix it.

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
Today I am going to be installing a TPS and CPS :brickwall:. On saturday I am helping the girlfriends dad with some computer stuff and running wires. Sunday I am going dirtbiking at cow mountain :) I am taking the jeep so I might do some wheeling as well.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I'm sure you guys know, but I'm putting on the 4.5" RC leaf springs and ditching the AAL, FINALLY!

Talking about the SLRs I know I said I took those new Jeep pictures with my wife's new digital camera. Did I ever say what it was? Nikon D300. We got a 18mm-200mm VR zoom lens for it.

Expensive is right. I got a great deal on the body $1400 and paid full price for the lens $700+. I got a 16gb CF Extreme memory card for $108. On RAW format (hight bit, 14bit I think) the camera estimates it can take 586 shots! lol

I took all the Jeep pictures in the RAW format, you can zoom into molecular culsters. :rofl:

We still need to get another lens, I was looking at the 18mm-55mm lens, or a cheap NIKON fixed lens ($120). And a flash. The flash on the camera is great, but with the SB800 and SB900 flashes, well they work wirelessly with the D300. I was amazed. Camera and flash talk to each other and you place the flash (up to 3) where you want them around the subject(s).

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
That is a nice camera she has there, is she pretty serious about photography?
It is something that has always interested her. She went to college for it, didn't finish. It was all film back then.

Years later I got her a digital camera for about $350. I guess that was back in 2001. Well that was 39,000 pictures ago, yes that number is correct.

I showed her what could be done on the computer and she went to town fixing, embellishing, etc... Lots of pictures of the kids, especially our girls, but a few weddings in there as well.

So yeah she's pretty serious about it. This is the type of camera she has wanted way back when she was going to school for it.

I'm hoping she'll make some money with it and I'll get more Jeep parts!!! :rofl:

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
Well get some pictures up and let us know how the install goes on the CPS and TPS.
Well I decided to install the TPS because it was easier, and I stripped the bolt holding the TPS to the throttle body :brickwall: So right now I am just taking a break before I get too pissed off at it and then i'm going to remove the throttle body, lol. I'll take pictures and maybe do a writeup, who knows.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Well I decided to install the TPS because it was easier, and I stripped the bolt holding the TPS to the throttle body :brickwall: So right now I am just taking a break before I get too pissed off at it and then i'm going to remove the throttle body, lol. I'll take pictures and maybe do a writeup, who knows.
I did the same thing! I used my dremel tool to cut the little [email protected] off (TPS). Then I drove to Home Depot with ONE screw holding the new TPS to buy another screw. 5 minute job turned into an 1 hour job! :brickwall:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts