Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to do a quick review on these since there wasn’t much info on the internet when I purchased them. I bought EAG rock sliders for my 01 xj . They were an easy instal, and for $260 bucks I don’t think I’ve seen much that beats them for what they are. I wanted JCR but I couldn’t justify the $ for a cheaper toy. Only issue from the entire installation was the paint came with a couple chips, nothing you can’t fix with a bit of your own. Besides that it took a good half a day with my dads help and was a straightforward installation. Overall very happy with them. Can’t wait to test them out on the trail and I’ll try to update when I slam them on a rock to see how they do. They are Chinese which isn’t my favorite so the steel won’t be as strong most likely etc but for what they are and how much they cost they were good for the money and for a cheap Jeep they’re great. I would still recommend JCR for longevity as of rn because I have a buddy whose had those for 10 years and beat the tar out of them but for a budget Jeep these are great and should do the job.

·
Premium Member
9,558 Posts
Looks decent enough. Be sure to report all that trail use

Reactions: XJSuperman

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks decent enough. Be sure to report all that trail use
Yup once I get the lift installed when I get the parts it’ll be going on the trail soon after. Hoping the take it to Drummond and Redbird this summer as well as holly (which isn’t amazing or anything) but I only live a half hour from it so I’ll probably end up testing it out and seeing if there’s any quirks I need to fix there before I go on any longer journeys.

·
Premium Member
9,558 Posts
One thing I noticed was the adjustment in the spanners from the frame to the slider that will accommodate frame stiffeners if you have them

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup it has them so if you have frame stiffeners they could still work. I don’t have them since the frame is pretty clean (unlike some other parts of the Jeep) but it’s nice that they’re adjustable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts