Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
On the 4.0L motors... they were all EFI...

The V-6 in the early years didn't have it at all...

The 4-cyl... seems like it was 87... but it might have been in 91 at the end of the Renix era.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not really sure if this answers you're question, but I got this off of edmunds.com:

"Power for both the four- and the six-cylinder engines was boosted for 1991. A new, multi-point fuel-injection system helped the four-banger squeeze out 130 horsepower — an increase of nine horses over the 1990 model. And the big six now cranked out 190 horsepower, bringing the zero to 60 mph time of the Cherokee down to under nine seconds."

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ok, so anything newer than 91 should have it........ thanks, that helps me in what year models I want to start looking for to purchase........Now if I could decide between a XJ or a grand...:dunno:

·
Registered
53 Posts
My personal preference is for the XJ. I'm sure the Grand has more room/comfort, but I'm definitely not uncomfortable driving my '99 XJ.

This link has lots of info on the XJ, it may help you make your decision on what year you want:
Jeep Cherokee

Here's the link for the Grand Cherokee:
Jeep Grand Cherokee

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great links, thanks ......... I think either one would do what Im wanting.
Im not in need of a serious mudder or crawler. I need one that basically all it needs are some good 31's and some lift to do what I want to do.
While id prefer 33's and about 4-5" of lift I could live with 31's.
Most of the guys there are running stock 4wd toyota/nissan p/us and small mud tires and go everywhere id want to go. Its a hunting club and most of the roads are well kept, they just get too muddy and slick for any 2wd to go thru.
This is something that would never have a winch installed or different bumpers installed.
Right now Im leaning more toward a grand just because of the all wheel disk brakes, and more of them seem to have the tow package.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts