Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple things I would like to fix.
1. I have no low beam lights, when dark I pull light knob and always have to have high beams on. when I flick turn signal to turn them off it kills the lights so I have no low beams and i'm tired of people flashing me! :hi:
2. No cruise control or horn and it is not the fuses, fuses are good and in correct place.
No. 2 started a few years ago when sitting at a light and leaned on wheel and everything died! EVERYTHING. couldnt figure it out. later on after ruining my bumber by being pushed out of the intersection by a Ram tilted up the steering wheel and everything was fine. turned out their was a short in the wiring harnes in the column:dunno: after that cruise worked and horn but now it doesn't any advise? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
412 Posts
The headlight switches like to go bad. They're a crappy design. I'd grab about 5 from the junkyard and see if one of them fixes your problem. Buying a new one might be an option, but it's a waste if that isn't it and when I tried to get one for my dodgy-pile the listed on was actually wrong anyways (great).

Otherwise you're probably going to have to start looking at stuff. See if any of the wiring is cut, burned, or if the wires are pulling out of the sockets, etc.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just helped a buddy solve exactly the same thing with his headlights... turns out the multi-function switch wore out and wouldnt switch all the way between highs and lows anymore...

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Just helped a buddy solve exactly the same thing with his headlights... turns out the multi-function switch wore out and wouldnt switch all the way between highs and lows anymore...
Also a very likely possibility that I overlooked.

·
Registered
953 Posts
x3 I have repalced these in just about every used vehicle that I have bought and they've all had the same symptoms.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks guys, now that you've mentioned it the mechanic did say that he replaced the multi function switch so maybe ill start with that again. ill try it and see and let you know how it went.

·
Banned
27 Posts
It sounds like a ground problem. The reason that i say that is because of how the lights are affected when you use your turn signal. Look closely at the ground. Especially at the switch your mechanic just installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts