Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with them...my rear leaf bushings are due to be replaced and was gonna go with Energy Suspension. Recommendations? Thanks.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I asked this once before about how they performed in the Jeeps, and it was mixed with mixed reviews, but most seemed to like them. I know I had them in my Cutlass and I LOVED THEM SILLY!!! I had the full G-Body set: Body Mounts, FLCA's, FUCA's, RLCA's, RUCA's, Sway Bushings, Sway Links, and TRE's, hence why I was wondering about the Jeeps.
I think Morris 4x4 has a complete E.S. XJ bushing set for a great price...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like poly stuff on something you want to handle well in the turns. but on a jeep you want to flex I would really prefer rubber myself.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the link to where I was going to get them.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/products.asp?cat=3136

Reason being, right now my springs slide back and forth on the steel bushing sleeves making all sorts of racket. Hopefully the 'lips' of the energy suspension bushings will keep them centered. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hells Yes!!! Jump on that...That's the cheapest I've seen for those...

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Here's the link to where I was going to get them.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/products.asp?cat=3136

Reason being, right now my springs slide back and forth on the steel bushing sleeves making all sorts of racket. Hopefully the 'lips' of the energy suspension bushings will keep them centered. Let me know what you think.
Sounds like the steel sleeve is rust-welded to the bolt? does the steel sleeve move on the bolt too?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, the bushing is not moving on the bolt, the eye of the spring is sliding back and forth on the bushing. Last time I changed them, I didn't even need to press them in, they just slid right in. Seemed a bit to loose for me, but I rode on them anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts