Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone runnin them anywhere on their Jeep?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Not sure what that is.. Got a link to shows me kinda what it is???

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wow. Seems like lots of work.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well they also have full bushing kits for everything on the Jeeps... LCA's UCA's etc etc.

I know I used to run them on my Olds, I had them everywhere, but I don't know how well they react to off road stuff.

·
Registered
131 Posts
poly sucks for any off road application in suspension. it doesnt flex like rubber does. only poly on my jeep is the motor mounts.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure!!! Saves me the hassle.... I can do what I'm best at...
Drinking beer and "supervising"

·
Registered
412 Posts
A poly bushing is a bit of a toss up. It is stronger then rubber, by quite a bit. But it is much stiffer too - causing more bind and transmitting more vibrations. Also, it can squeek.

Certain horrible vehicles I have worked on (I once SAS'd a toy truck) ran poly bushings in the leaf springs. Greasable (ghetto) bolts were provided to help the poly flex, and to cut down the squeeking. Personally, I'm not into greasable (ghetto) bolts - even in sheer.

A friend of mine runs them in his rear links on the frame end. It still flexed well - but the supension design is what allowed that.

And I honestly have no idea how they managed to find that many bushings in a cherokee.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had them on my last XJ.... OMG the freekin squeekin...... AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... Never again....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts