Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a strange issue with my stock 2001 Cherokee XJ. Recently when I use my cruise control on the highway, my engine light will eventually come on! Turn cruise control off, no engine light. Obviously something electrical going on but has anyone ever run into this?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Having a strange issue with my stock 2001 Cherokee XJ. Recently when I use my cruise control on the highway, my engine light will eventually come on! Turn cruise control off, no engine light. Obviously something electrical going on but has anyone ever run into this?
There's a good chance there may be a stored code in your ecm. Try to scan it and report back to us if you find any codes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a good chance there may be a stored code in your ecm. Try to scan it and report back to us if you find any codes.
Had it in for an alignment and they checked for codes. A pending code related to a misfiring cylinder, but that’s all. Doubt that has anything to do with it. I’ll double check fuses but again, not sure how that would affect cruise control And engine light. Weird problem. Btw. Cruise works just fine. Just noticed when cruise off, light goes away!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts