Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sometimes the speedometer and tachometer stop working, and an error code of "no bus" comes up where the mileage normally is. The check engine and air bag light comes on when this happens also. Are there any Jeep techs out there?

2015 Latest Version Launch X431 Diagun Full Set OBD2 Diagnostic Tool +3 Year WRT
2015 Latest version! Multi-Language Software for your option!
100% New! High Quality!
Shipping 4-8 working days to Worldwide!
FREE Lifetime Update by email !
3 Year Warranty !

·
Registered
9,244 Posts
Haha, we're all Jeep techs here in our own rites...

Sounds kinda like the typical instrument cluster connection problem, especially in the late model XJ's.

They say that taking apart the dash and cleaning up the connections usually corrects the issue.
I'm sure that someone that has recently done this will chime-in with more help on this.
;)

·
Premium Member
10,307 Posts
Shorted circuit between PCM and fuel gauge sending unit

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
Sometimes the speedometer and tachometer stop working, and an error code of "no bus" comes up where the mileage normally is. The check engine and air bag light comes on when this happens also. Are there any Jeep techs out there?
Try hitting the top of the dash real hard. It should get it working again....for now.

I had this same issue with my 00 TJ years back. It was a connection issue with the plugs on the back of the unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 99 xj and the engine suddenly died. When I tried to start it again I had lights and this “No bus” code. I read the posts and replaced my cps. I thought about taking instrument panel apart but the problem didn’t seem to fit the symptoms. Pulled starter had it tested. Pulled battery had it tested. Ran wire straight from battery to starter and starter did not work. It turned out to be dirty ground wires. Most electrical worked but it just wouldn’t turn over. hope this helps some one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts