Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are a jeep guy in need of jeep or other vehicle services and dont want to take it to the dealer or or 4x4 shop we might be your local help. We are located in Livingston. give us a call 201-306-4071

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you are a jeep guy in need of jeep or other vehicle services and dont want to take it to the dealer or or 4x4 shop we might be your local help. We are located in Livingston. give us a call 201-306-4071

What is the name of the shop? I might drive by to get a realignment after I replace all my front end parts to try and get rid of my death wobble.

·
Registered
74 Posts
OH..LMAO!!

No biggy. I've taken care of that early March. Basically rebuilt my whole front end from steering, ball joints, bearings, etc. I have a completely "new" front end. Alignment was done by me thanx to a lot of searches/reading. I took it to a shop that can actually do alignments for lifted trucks close to me and everything is perfect :D

My truck has over 139k miles and everything I replaced were still original stuff that were badly worn out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
did you do the track arm bushings? or inspect them
I have a RC track bar that I got with my RC lift (about a year ago) and yes i did check it and the TRE was shot. I replaced it with a MOOG TRE. Only thing that I haven't replaced are the upper control arm bushings. Will be doing that as soon as I get a day off. I got MOOG replacements for those. When that's done, my whole front end will basically be "New" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is what I did back in March.

OK..this will be long with loads of Pix.:popcorn:
A little background. 2001 XJ, 3" RC lift, 31" tires. Getting my truck ready for a 1100+ miles drive to Florida for vacation next Saturday.
Mission: To go up against the dreaded "Death Wobble".

Started my day at 6am. Drove to the mall parking lot by an automotive store and Seafoamed her. Living in a city I couldn't do this at home because I'm scared to have the fire department called on me. Chilled at a Dunkin Donuts while I waited the Seafoam to do its magic (30* out with wind chill of 15*).

Got home and got my gear ready to tackle the front end. The most important tools that I couldn't have done with out:

First Task: Replace the steering linkages. Pretty easy with the fork and a BFH

2nd Task: Remove wheels, brakes, hub assemblies, axle shafts, ball joints

Pic of removing the hub nut

removing the hub using the 3" extension

Best tool ever! I don't know what I would have done without this. good $69 investment from Harbor Freight (4wd Ball Joint Tool)

TADA!

Ball Joint replacements. My old ones were shot! You can move the stud just by jiggling it

Ball joints replaced and knuckle back on!!

Next, axle u-joints

Both replaced..again, with the help of the ball joint tool!

Hub Replacements

Hubs installed

·
Registered
74 Posts
Brake replacements

Brakes installed

Took it driving up to 70mph. Usually i have the "DW" between 50-60mph, NOT ANYMORE!!! I can steer now with one hand with my arm rested on the window sill. No more white knuckling! Also, the steering is tighter and more responsive! I would say a great day today with a lot of accomplishments in 5 hours and doing everything curb side :thumbup1:

Now for a beer!:drink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts