Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wheels were mounted on Jeep when I bought it in 2001. In fact, this is some "performance" edition probably equipped in Canada (I suppose). Here are few photos how it looked like when I got it:eek:
Note ground clearance, ugly bumper and these plastic things below doors...

These M/Ts were destroyed during some as much as it can be "rock crawling", but anyway, I never liked them, specially because of stupid dimensions. Wheels are alloys from... I don't know who... and one is quite bent so anyway I need some steel wheels. This bumper was something first to remove as "this design" is for grandmothers to go and get grocery.
Here was one of attempts to go little in the mud, but with this "setup" it could have gone nowhere:

Anyway, many things from that time don't exist anymore as I surgically removed everything what caused problems- ABS, long bendix brake cylinder with strange booster, cruise control... etc.
Later on, I made lift kit myself with new longer shocks and new polyurethane bushings but I could never get good flex:dunno:
Shit is that USA is so far away. In fact, I visit Texas and Florida sometimes as I'm seaman, but it's quite hard and heavy (and costly) to carry lift kit and "add a leaf" things so far to Europe and here all this things cost double. I usually get only some smaller parts for brakes, thermostats, sparkplugs, filters and these things. I wish if I could live there:eek:
Luckily, lack of skills is not an issue and so many things will be done in my workshop.
Next is:
bigger lift, better flex, good seats, steel wheels, rollcage (I like it from outside like armor), good winch (I was really missing one on occasions), trailer hook (or hitch) on front bumper, good exhaust, disk brakes rear instead of these headache 9" drums, etc
Davey

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i really like those wheels.
as far as flex, did you disconnect the front sway bar?
if you can, when you do the lift i would stay away from a Add A Leaf kit, but in most cases with cash its not possible.
Front sway bar disconnect? I've seen these solutions and need to do something like easy disconnect / connect like some "namy" lift kits have. One day, I'l make something with pins to remove and go to try it, strait to the hills.
It's pity that I always go alone and test these things... few guys have those Nissans, Toyotas, Mitsubishit but nobody pass over anything higher than curb or speed bumps. Whatever, I need to see what else I have to do for getting some more lift. Looks like that upper and lower control arms have to go, brake lines, maybe lower T-case (T-case lower mount I got from USA last year but not yet installed, same for engine mounts). Upf... so many things...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts