Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2003 grand Cherokee Laredo and the check engine light came on, so I did the rapid ignition key on and off 3 times in a row and got the OBD II code:

P0455 Evap Leak Monitor Large Leak Detected A large leak has been detected in the evaporative system.

So I removed the rear bumper cover and discovered why. Somebody had done what I would call a temporary repair using hose clamps and fuel hose in a couple of places that I did not take pictures of,instead of vacuum hose that are definitely not supposed to have the worm type clamp and usually not any other kind of hose clamp on them at all....
...Anyway:
Does anybody have a hose routing diagram and parts list for the hoses from MOPAR, or any other part suppliers part numbers so I can find out where to get the hoses because it seems that Mopar has discontinued a lot of stuff but some of the stuff they discontinued has new part numbers that are sometimes elusive to find.

Does anybody here know the sizes of the more common hoses that I could get at the local auto parts store?

Some of the larger hoses with special angled bends in them may be difficult to pinpoint at a parts store without knowing the part numbers.

I may just have to bring the 'contraption' with hoses still connected to the auto parts store to match them up as best I can without having good part numbers.

Anyway, here are 3 pictures that I took today.

Yeah, Huge vacuum leak here! It is not the only one, but it is the most egregious of the bunch.

·
Premium Member
10,023 Posts
As far as hose sizes go, take them down there and let them match them. Easiest way since you have to repair them anyway

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK. Thanks.

I guess I will be taking more pictures, listing and labeling the routing and connection points and also taking rough measurements to be sure all goes back where it belongs to be sure I get enough hose.

Another question: Are there supposed to be any barbed hose adapters that are supposed to be used for testing, or is that likely going to be the way to connect a hose from one connection point to the other when the fittings are different sizes at each end?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts