Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its being talked about too much, and it seems to be all we see all day everyday for the past week or two now, but I figured it's worth checking in on everyone stuck at home now. Is everybody doing ok? Anything our forum brothers/sisters need that we can help each other with?

On the bright side, some of us will have more time to work on our Jeep(s). I am one of just a few still at the office. Literally hundreds are working from home this week.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
On the bright side, some of us will have more time to work on our Jeep(s). I am one of just a few still at the office. Literally, hundreds are working from home this week.
Indiana/Chicagoland checking in... all is well. Everyone is still healthy here.

I finally have all of the parts I have been frantically ordering over the last week. Just need some 1/8" thick 7/16 washers for the WJ caliper conversion. I've got about 10-12 days off from the restaurant business to get some serious upgrades finished and others installed. The new front to rear frame stiffeners showed up the other day on top of a new fuel pump and abs sensors for the axle swaps.

It's gonna be a good week or two of wrenching and posting up here on the forums.

How's everyone else holding up at home? ready to maim other family members yet?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Same here as most, all schools cancelled. All none essential business closed. People are being let go from their jobs. Others taking massive pay cuts. On my last day of 6 straight days of 13hr shifts of stand by to get the students out of the University ....
Commander is tore apart and don't know when I'll get back to it. Both lower control arms are bad and so are the struts and upper ball joints.
No time to work on the Jeeps as I guess we are considered "essential " employees and are being run ragged .I would rather be at home with the family but I could be on the earlier mentioned other side of the coin.
Hope yinz guyz and galz stay safe and sanitized and everybody has enough TP. Fingers crossed and Prayers said.
  1. Pic of a sign at the local Subway restaurant shold give some indication of how this is playing out....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,203 Posts
We are OK in SW PA. Got some major personal issues going on. Just keep us in your prayers.
I work for the State government and have been ordered to work from home for at least the next 2 weeks. My job involves sitting in front of a computer, which I have brought home (It's a laptop) so I can work from home.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wishing yall luck. Gluck, hope you're ok buddy.

·
Super Moderator
10,203 Posts
I'm ok. One of my son's are in some serious trouble, and We are getting through it. As a parent you try to protect your children as much as you can but when they become adults and move out, you pray that they make the right decisions. But when they don't, even if it breaks your heart, you still love them and support them. Tough times lie ahead, but we will stay strong as a family and get through this. I just ask for continued prayers. Thank you and God bless you.

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
Nothing changed for me. Still working as usual. We were offered to stay home unpaid till end of April. I have enough funds put aside to do so but I got some projects that aren't free so I keep working.

I am not really worried about the beer virus cuz I am drinking plenty of beer to keep it at bay.

Reactions: Clunky66

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I am extremely thankful that i am at a place in life to be able to handle this right now. My company will get through it - the office folks are working remotely, i am still one of a few people at the warehouse, and i can say my job is secure for now. It helps that im workin for the family business. (office furniture) We are on an interesting side of the supply disruption having to field a lot of product at our warehouse that would otherwise have gone direct to site, but the installation is cancelled, so we have to find room for it all. It kills me to think about the majority of people in this country who arent in as lucky a position, and a couple weeks missed pay will lead directly to dire straits. Hell, even last year would have been a different story for me, if this had been ten or twenty years ago.....
Only thing i can complain about right now is that i lost out on a few gigs - i had 6 gigs between 2 bands lined up for March, and they were gonna pay for new tires. But oh well, i'll have to push back tires again...
So far everyone i know is staying on the healthy side but i worry for my dad recovering from a vertabrae fracture and other issues, i just want him to stay out of the hospital

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Here in central Florida everything is pretty much closed. Special hours on most places of business. Disney is closed. Honestly I'm busy still doing electric and air conditioning because everyone is home. Literally going to people's houses just to change light bulbs or clean there a/c. I'd say at least 25% of my business is Canadian customers and they are gone. On the bright side it's a five-minute ride to work now cuz there's no traffic on the road. The kids are out of school which is driving me nuts but they go to their mom's house later so I don't have to deal with it for the rest of the week. I know people are dying from this virus but is it any more than any other flu. I think they shut down the country for something they could have controlled

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Well, here is a little something to think about....
There a 4 types of influenza, type A,B,Cand D. Types A,B,and C can be transmitted to humans. Types A from my research has 131 possible "natural" mutations for lack of a better word. So comparing Covid to the flu is a very bad and misleading example. Your comparing multiple viruses that have multiple mutations to one virus that so far hasn't mutated yet.....:unsure::oops::eek:

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
better put that in the funny inappropriate thread lol

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Spoke to soon there are now 8 variations of this virus through out the globe.....

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Well our governor just put in a stay in place order. Except for essential services so I still have to work.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I was going to take my 2 weeks vacation but my boss has lung problem so I'm the only one working so it makes it really fun when you're the only one doing everything 7 days a week.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad you all are still doing ok for the most part. We had a scare at work but its back to "normal" now. Everyone remote except me and a few others who are approved to be here.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
We've (My county) have been under the "stay -at -home" mandate for 3 weeks now I think. All of PA was ordered this week. Been watching FLA closely because of my mom and grandmother living down there. Seems as though your governor is clueless. Shocked at the amount of beaches and other stuff still open while even Disney shut down (hello here's your sign Desantis !). Got a bad feeling with the large amount of elderly people living there it's gonna get bad. Wish everyone the best and prayers said.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Where do they live? Maybe close to me in central Florida

1 - 20 of 36 Posts