Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
East Tennessee is normal as ever, so normal that they are still having court. And that's where I am today ( not me, my spouse) and they are making everyone stand outside the court house in 90* heat . I wouldn't complain but my ginger genetics doesn't fair well in direct sunshine, I'm like a vampire in the sun, and it's just crap. Stay at home order, yeah right. Everyone and their momma is out here, small town gotta love it

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Gluck, did your family issue calm down or are you still dealing with that? Hope everything is getting better.

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
Gluck, did your family issue calm down or are you still dealing with that? Hope everything is getting better.
Actually, no. It has gotten a little worse. And with covid shutting everything down it makes for some stressful times. Just take it one day at a time. Thanks for your concern, brother! 👊 they don't have a smiley to represent an elbow bump, so I did a fist. Don't worry, I'm clean.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Actually, no. It has gotten a little worse. And with covid shutting everything down it makes for some stressful times. Just take it one day at a time. Thanks for your concern, brother! 👊 they don't have a smiley to represent an elbow bump, so I did a fist. Don't worry, I'm clean.
Well that wasn't the answer I was hoping for. Sorry to hear that bud.

I'd shake your hand, I don't care about the virus as much as others obviously (as you can see in my earlier posts). I'll settle for fist bump from Iowa to PA.

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
I'm generally not one to air my dirty laundry in public, especially here, since this has been one of my best support groups. Although members are left to guess my issues, I appreciate the support even if they don't know they are helping. Thanks for the fist bump. you rock!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Stay strong Gluck, you’re a good man and I know you will be able to dig deep enough to find the patience and resolve to see these troubles through, whatever they may be, and do the right thing.
I wish nobody here gets sick and has to deal with it. I also wish everyone could just be respectful of others and mask up when asked, regardless of your own opinions. And that has zero to do with politics.
So far I’m personally still above water, may be facing a pay cut but not lay-off, I miss playing music and goin to shows but that will eventually come back. Biggest concern now is the school year, it’s gonna be a shit show no matter what and we’ll just have to figure out how to make the best of it for my two girls in 5th and 10th grade.

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
Thanks. Thankfully my issues are not health related. Hope everyone stays healthy. 🙏

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Went to Ohio for a week and got back home to Iowa last night. It was almost like coming home to America, the land of the free when I got to Iowa. Everyone going about their lives in a relatively normal manner compared to out east. It was super weird stopping for gas in Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois. Everyone on edge and acting goofy. I did have one creepy guy at the Iowa truckstop that I thought I was going to have to deal with, but thankfully did not. He gave off a weird feeling and was approaching people pumping gas. A younger girl (high school age or early college maybe?) and her mother were approached and he acted like he knew them but they didn't seem comfortable. He was eyeing everyone around. Hope he left town quick, his out of state plates mean he was going somewhere.

Thankfully everyone in the campgrounds and on the lake were pretty chill. Good times were had amidst this panic pandemic.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts