Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing Rusty's 3" lift shorty and just want to know if I NEED extended anti-sway bar links? Or is it ok to run stock?
Thanks
Gnome

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks rewster.

·
Premium Member
9,185 Posts
when I had a 3" lift, I used the stock links. However they were just a wee bit short, but still very usable.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have almost 3" of lift but my sway bar links rubbed on the coils so I moved the sway bar forward 1" this seemed to correct the problem

·
Registered
55 Posts
The rough country ones only work lift from 4" to 6". I was looking into getting a set but after calling them, they indicated 4" lift minimum. Will not work on anything less.

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
I ran stock links on my 3" lift but it was tight. It brought the sway bar down close to touching the coil spring. I upgraded to 4" lift and now run zone's links:

Anti-Sway Bar Links| ZONE Offroad Products

THey got a bunch of links for a variety of setups, disco and non disco. I have the non-discos and they are very well made.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I've uninstalled and reinstalled them a few times, I've had a few of my buddy's do it as well, I've adjusted their length a few times, and they constantly "pop" and "crack." They don't line up well, they're a PITA to connect after wheeling, even on level ground.

Those that I know with similar lift heights that use the JKS QD's don't run into these issues. May just be me, I don't know, but eventually I'll switch back to JKS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts