Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Favourite knives?

Daily carry - my Benchmade/Emerson CQC7B-LH (left-handed.) Chisel ground, tanto point, and ugly enough to be pretty. Or, my Gerber/Applegate-Fairbairn folder - if I carry the large one, it's behind my left kidney. If it's the small one, left front pocket or left hip pocket.

All are production folders that I have cleaned and polished the workings of well, and most people wonder where I got the spring-assisted versions of those blades (they're not spring-assist - just smoothed out.)

Heavy-duty? M9 bayonet or USN Mk3 Mod1 diver's knife.

What can I say? I'm a minimalist at heart. But I do like the look of a good Damascus. I saw a fixed A-F in five-figure Damascus, with display case, and before I could round up the cash to get it (took two days,) it had been sold. haven't seen one since, dammit! It would look good up on the wall in my office...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Favorite Knife

Kyle I really like the looks of that Benchmade, I will have to look into that model. My favorite knife is a custom made by Bart Draper, it is 100% made by him.The blade is 5"and it is sharpened on both sides,he is a good friend of mine and we desinged the knife together. He told me this is the only one that will be made.That was a great honor to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Favorite knives would have to be Columbia river knife & tool I carry a
M16-14D the best knife I have used, especially for the $. As for fixed blade can't beat a Marbles.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Helped me get them rotten bushings out of my old leaf springs. Pretty handy little all purpose tool.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
I love my Kershaw and always carry a butterfly knife, get weird looks sometimes when I flip it open.
I used to carry a pair of balisong knives in my hip pockets back home (IN) - but can't out here (for some odd reason, CA has made them illegal. Idiots.)

Considering I could pull both knives at once and have them open before they're in front of me, I like to think I could handle them well.

But, the Gerbers and the Benchmade I carry in rotation are quite satisfactory.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have a case xx it was my reward for 15 years on the job.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I'm quite fond of my J.A. Henckles knives...Expensive, but nothing beats a good quality knife in the kitchen...

And when I'm out of the kitchen, I like this one...

Later.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Just a little 3" blade Schrade Uncle Henry pocket knife.

Tempered carbon steel that will take a razor edge and shave the back of my arm dry.

I'm on my third one in 50+ years so there's durability also. All were sharpened till no longer usable and never broken.

Used to have a Schrade Uncle Henry folding hunting knife (6") and sold it for $20 (used in 1975) when I won a bet. I bet my Schrade was made of harder steel than a friend's stainless Buck folding hunter. Placed edge to edge near handle and pushed them together, The Schrade cut the stainless blade. He bought the knife on the spot and tossed the Buck in a trash barrel.

Budd

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Benchmade - this is the one I use everyday. My friend's dad is a retired Air Force Col and he gave me one of his. The AF gave them to pilots in case they ejected and had to cut away if something went wrong.

OPSGEAR

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question about Bart Draper

Kyle I really like the looks of that Benchmade, I will have to look into that model. My favorite knife is a custom made by Bart Draper, it is 100% made by him.The blade is 5"and it is sharpened on both sides,he is a good friend of mine and we desinged the knife together. He told me this is the only one that will be made.That was a great honor to me.
I was wondering if Bart is still making knives..if so does he have a website or contact info. I have a couple of his knives and some of his Dad's...I have attached a pic of an old Draper Knife that has a blade very similar to yours. Thanks in advance. Andy [email protected]

Attachments

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
I need that Jeep knife!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I need that Jeep knife!
I picked up a "Jeep" knife last month at "Big 5" on sale for $10.00

I don't have a pic, but it's kind of like this one...but a little nicer:

Apparently the original price was $50.00 and they knocked 'em down to $10.00

I guess there's a wee bit of mark up on those things...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts