Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp finally usps decided to pay me a visit this morning. Delivered my Bosch 4 hope injectors. Getting ready for the install, curious and excited for the outcome. Just wonder if they r worth it or not. And another thing should I use regular engine oil to lube the o rings, or can I use petroleum jelly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welp finally usps decided to pay me a visit this morning. Delivered my Bosch 4 hope injectors. Getting ready for the install, curious and excited for the outcome. Just wonder if they r worth it or not. And another thing should I use regular engine oil to lube the o rings, or can I use petroleum jelly?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Congrats! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! :thumbsup:

Thanks man. Can a big different on start up and idle. A lot smoother for sure and throttle response is unbelievable better than it was. Power wise not much difference but then again it ain’t a hot rod lol. Will I gain any mpgs?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thanks man. Can a big different on start up and idle. A lot smoother for sure and throttle response is unbelievable better than it was. Power wise not much difference but then again it ain’t a hot rod lol. Will I gain any mpgs?

Sorry I can not answer your questions I have not done that upgrade. Hopefully someone who has will chime in for you soon.

·
Premium Member
10,111 Posts
Will I gain any mpgs?

That is a good question. Most people say no and that the biggest improvements are a better idle and low end response. But you never know

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a good question. Most people say no and that the biggest improvements are a better idle and low end response. But you never know

O ok I see. Well I’m happy with the better idle and better throttle response that’s for sure.

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
I don't notice a change in mpg. Just the throttle response and a little better idle.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
At one point in time I thought I had gone up by 1mpg. But Im sure thats no longer the case.

·
Registered
927 Posts
So xjcrazy0346 would you recommend the upgrade to others?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So xjcrazy0346 would you recommend the upgrade to others?

Well cherokee4life3 honest yes I would recommend for anyone with the 4.0. Ben driving with these injectors for a few days now and I can tell a positive change in idle, throttle response, low and mid range torque and start up as well. Highly highly recommend

1 - 13 of 13 Posts